Re: Ground is acting weird

by _awkwardlezbean

Original Post

Hero

@_awkwardlezbean 

Ok.  Downloaded the lot by that name under your user name.  Placed the lot on the vacant 30x30 in Forgotten Hollow.  The vacant lot is not flat.  I see sloped tiles on both sides, the back and both front corners.  It's the same after I place the build.  I'm not getting what you are.  As long as I stay away from the sloped tiles, everything places fine and no weirdness.  I put a sim on the lot and she can go everywhere I send her.  So, idk what is going on with it.  I didn't have any trash so I couldn't try the trash can.  My test save is vanilla so I couldn't cheat any. 

When I searched for Modern Vampire Family Home, I came up with 17 lots by that name, none of which were by lezbegamin25.  I get nothing for that user name.

Here's a pic of the lot I downloaded.  Is it the right lot?

Modern Vampire Home.jpg

Message 11 of 15 (228 Views)

★ Guide

yep that’s the right lot!

see when I sent you the video and went to terrain tools, and it had the lot yellow, it showed those uneven edges. But there was nothing like that in the spot where the ground cuts. It’s totally flat in the area. I don’t understand why it’s doing that. And like I told you before, when I moved it to Vlad’s lot, it still did it. Maybe it has nothing to do with the trash can not working for me. But I’ve never seen the ground do that before. And it was just on the edge of the lot at the front, and only certain spots, and It was within the bounds of it too. I have no idea what’s causing it but it has to be something in the house I built, because the issue followed it to another lot. But then again, you placed the same house and didn’t get it so i don’t know what could be causing it, I mean you saw it in the video 😭 I’m not losing it right? 😂

im on ps5. I don’t know if that makes a difference. So you weren’t getting the ground cutting out like it was in the photo? for me it was only certain spots but happened straight across the front lawn. Damnit 😭 

Message 12 of 15 (221 Views)

★ Guide

Okay so this is the new lot. Right where the statue is, that’s cut off when the lot isn’t highlighted. So where it’s sitting, the lot is flat, but I see that it’s not right in front of the gate which is out of the bounds so I didn’t think it would be affecting something within the lots parameters. ESP when they ground beneath the statue itself is flat. I’ve never seen this before. I can’t even fix it bc it’s out of bounds, and the issue is straight across the front of the house. I’ll just have to back it up or make sure the ground isn’t cutting off wherever I put it. It must not have anything to do with the garbage not working.

Another theory. When I first built the lot there were plasma trees that i had deleted and a few plasma fruit were floating in the air despite the tree being gone. My sim picked them out of the sky and they are gone now but I wonder if it’s something  to do with that. That the tree might’ve been in that spot or something and it’s registering it like it’s still there  

Message 13 of 15 (209 Views)

★ Guide

I also meant to mention that what’s weird is, if I take the statue down off the stand thing, and then drag the stand it doesn’t cut off. It only does it with the Angel or whatever is on it: so weird.

oh well. Not much I can do. I appreciate all your help and your patience in all this. Truly! Hopefully it’s not the cause of the trash not working and I can figure that out. 

Thank you again ❤️

Message 14 of 15 (203 Views)

Hero

@_awkwardlezbean 

I have no idea why you are getting the weirdness you are.  I'm on PC but that shouldn't make any difference.  I've seen the floating fruit thing before and didn't have any issue like what you have from it. Once the floating fruit was gone, no issues afterwards.  I have seen similar issues to yours with lots I've tested from time to time but flattening the lot always fixed it except for the sloped tiles on the edge.  Those are there because the underlying terrain isn't flat.  It's not the only lot that's like that.

Sorry I couldn't help you figure it out.

Hope this helps.

Message 15 of 15 (181 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help