Ground is acting weird

by _awkwardlezbean

Original Post

Ground is acting weird

★ Guide

So I’m including a photo to show what I mean but the terrain is all messed up in this one spot. When I had build open and the grid on, I can literally see the ground in risen up but no matter what I do, it won’t level out. I tried manip. The terrain, I tried bulldozing the terrain in its entirety, and still it’s doing this. So then I used grass from the flooring options “outdoor” I laid it across the lot and that god rid of this half thing but still the sims can’t seem to use the garbage. Anytime I try to, they put it back on the floor. I tried moving it behind the house and still they wouldn’t use it. It wasn’t until I moved the garbage and put it right beside the outdoor van did they use it. And the indoor garbage doesn’t seem to work either unless I physically put it in myself using the square button. 

why is the ground doing this and is it why I’m having issues with the garbage? Even though it’s in a part of the lot that isn’t doing this?

Message 1 of 15 (640 Views)

Re: Ground is acting weird

Hero

@_awkwardlezbean 

The reason the garbage can does that is because the lot isn't flat in the area where the can is.  To fix it, go to build and use the Flatten Lot tool and that should fix it.  

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 15 (612 Views)

★ Guide

That’s what I meant above when I said I tried all the terrain manip. Tools. I tried flattening the entire lot and I tried smoothing, I tried flattening that one spot, and even tried bulldozing the terrain of the whole lot and it’s still doing this. The only thing that fixes it, is to add flooring to the entire lot. So I tried using the floor tiles under “outdoor” so that it looked like grass and while I could no longer see it being half cut, the garbage can still won’t work.

this lot must be bugged Frown 

Message 3 of 15 (583 Views)

Hero

@_awkwardlezbean 

Ok, on the lots that aren't completely flat, when you try flattening them, usually what happens is that the lot will flatten except for one tile along the perimeter on one or two sides of the lot.  The rest usually does go flat.  I'm not sure what is going on for you.  Is it just that one place on the lot where it isn't flat?  Can you place the garbage can anywhere else?  

One thing you can try is to save the lot to your library.  Bulldoze the lot.  Check to see if it is flat.  If not, try flattening it again.  Then place the lot again from your library.  That might work.

Sometimes, the house or other objects on the lot will cause a lot to not flatten correctly.  Flattening the empty lot gets around that usually.

If that doesn't work.  If you are willing to upload the lot to the Gallery and let us know what the lot name is, I or another helper will download it and take a look to see if we can figure out what is going on and how to fix it.  

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 15 (575 Views)

★ Guide

It seems to just be that one spot, that I’ve noticed anyway. I tried putting the bin in the back of the house and they still wouldn’t use it. They would pick it up and then put it back on the ground. It wasn’t until I used the square button to move the trash and put it right beside the bin that they used it. I had the same issue inside with the trash bin there. It’s off and on at times and has been going on for awhile.

I’ll try saving the lot, flattening it again and then place it. If that doesn’t work I’ll add it to the galley for you to check out but I seem to remember this lot wouldn’t save to the library. There’s two or three lots that won’t save to the library, I always get an error saying “there was an error saving this lot to the library” but I’ll try when I get home and let ya know! Standard smile

Message 5 of 15 (565 Views)

★ Guide

Okay I tried all of that and it still didn’t work. 
im noticing that when I open the terrain manipulation, everything looks flat except like you said the edges, but even smoothing will only smooth some parts. The cut off that’s happening is in random spots right across the front. Again if I add flooring it might be fine but I think it’s just hiding the green that shows up under the garbage can. It won’t even let me choose flatten lot, it keeps shooting to a different option or that noise it makes is it flattening but either way it doesn’t work. I have uploaded an unlisted video to YouTube to show you. Here’s the link.

https://youtu.be/x20NEmyABkI

if you still can’t figure out what’s up, I have it in the gallery.

my user is lezbegamin25 and it’ll be listed as HOKE LOT ISSUE

Message 6 of 15 (540 Views)

Hero

@_awkwardlezbean 

Ok, I'll download the lot and check it out in a little when I get to a place I can save and switch to my test save.  From the video, it looks like you've got it in Forgotten Hollow so I'll put it there and see if I can figure it out.  It shouldn't make any difference but I'm on a PC.  Which console are you playing on?  

I'll let you know what I find.

Message 7 of 15 (528 Views)

★ Guide

So since I posted that, I tried moving the entire house to a different lot. I took out Vlad’s mansion and placed it there. Same thing. But this time it seems to only be the statue that’s showing it’s cut off in the same random spot. I’m at a loss for what it is I have that’s making it do this. I tried removing the fence and whatnot and nothing. But when I hovered the garbage or the mailbox over the same spot it didn’t happen. It’s so strange. It has to be something I built with move objects or something. When I placed the lot a bunch of objects weren’t there so I’m currently replacing everything and then I’m gonna try and use the garbage. But if you can figure out what’s causing this spot to do this, that would be great haha I have no idea at this point except that this game hates me 😂

Message 8 of 15 (521 Views)

Hero

@_awkwardlezbean 

I just tried to find the lot in the Gallery.  When I search for either the lezbegamin25 user name or the hoke lot issue lot name, I'm coming up with nothing. Just a blank screen like no uploads at all for either.  I also tried searching with emilyjane19 as the user name and did find some downloads but nothing by that name.  I also tried some spelling variations but nada.  So, can you see the lot in the Gallery when you look?

And yeah, there are times when I'm sure the game just wants to give me anything but what I want too.  Large smile

Message 9 of 15 (503 Views)

★ Guide

Hmm try Modern Vampire Family Home. It shows that the “by” is lezbegamin25 so it’s weird that it’s not coming up. Try that title though and see if it come up for you! It was a residential lot on forgotten hollow. I have it saved to my library and the gallery but I do not have it placed in a lot anymore: I decided to move it and made changes to it so the new one is on a lot but the issue is the same with that one too. I just edited it, the one I originally posted about is in gallery but isn’t placed on a lot, does it need to be placed for you to find it?

Message 10 of 15 (494 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help