Re: Groceries are not being delivered

by marianlarsen

Original Post

Groceries are not being delivered

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use phone to order groceries.
What happens when the bug occurs? The delivery person comes, tell sim to get groceries and the groceries disappear, the delivery person then goes to a different location on lot and stands there for a while before leaving. The Sims will get charged for the groceries that never came.
What do you expect to see? I expect the delivery person to leave the groceries for my Sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I am assuming this started happening with Cottage Living since grocery deliveries were introduced with this pack.

First I would like to say that I did not find any threads with this problem, so if it is already posted I apologize.  I have never used any delivery service with the game but I needed an ingredient and decided to try it.  I called for the delivery and placed the order using the phone.  I was told that the delivery person would be there shortly and he was very prompt.  I sent my Sim to collect the groceries and once I did and paid for them the groceries were gone, no where to be found.  The delivery person was holding a bag of groceries up to that point.  He then proceeded to walk to the back of my lot and stand there so I tried to see if I could get the groceries again, but there were none, the bag vanished.

I am aware that this has been a  problem with Zoomers, but I never used that service and am not sure if it is the same. Again, I apologize if this problem has already been reported.  I found the thread for Zoomers but it said the problem was fixed and if it was still happening to create a new topic so that is what I did.

Message 1 of 18 (12,854 Views)

Champion
@Jan_831 what normally happens is you click Accept Delivery on the grocery deliverer, and then they walk into your home and put the bag down somewhere for you. Then you should be able to click on the bag and unload the groceries while the deliverer waits for a tip.

Was there anything blocking the deliverer from setting down a bag? Like did you have no surfaces free and clear or no floor space? Do you have a weird home layout, like do they need to walk up or down stairs, because there's a weird issue with sims not pathing on stairs if you can't see them, etc.
Message 2 of 18 (12,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

HI, thank you for responding to my post.  He stood by the mailbox and when I went to accept the delivery he walked over to the back of the lot.  I looked around for a grocery bag but could not find one.  I moved my family into the house on the 64x64 lot in cottage living and kept the house the same except for putting in a basement.  There is a clear path into the house, and there was counter space for him to put the groceries on.  I do not have great vision and it is possible I missed them but I looked several times around the entire lot.  I will be playing again soon, so I will check again to see if maybe I didn't see them.  If they are there I will get back to you, but I looked everywhere last night.  He never went into the house.

Message 3 of 18 (12,815 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 Did you lock your doors ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (12,796 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,  No the doors are not locked, however last night when I went back into the game I searched the lot again for the groceries.  I finally found them on a half wall located at the back of the house.  I do not have great vision and must have missed it at least 15 times, it was really hard to see.  I'm not sure why they were put there but I will know to look on that wall. There is a clear path for him to go inside with them.  I was going to test it out last night when playing but I had a lot of lagging issues and got frustrated and just stopped playing.  I will let you know how it worked out after playing later on tonight.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 18 (12,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Simvasion,  I played the game last night and after searching many times I finally found the groceries.  They were left on a half wall outside and in the back of the house.  As I mentioned I do not have great vision so it was really hard for me to see them.  I am going to order groceries tonight when I play and see if I can see where he goes.  Since this was the first time I ordered groceries I wasn't sure how it worked, but  now that I know I will pay closer attention to the deliverer when he gets there.  I had a lot of lagging issues last night and got frustrated and just stopped playing, so I didn't get a chance to check it out.  I also repaired the game, so maybe things will be better tonight.  Thank you!!

Message 6 of 18 (12,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will try to ask my question here. I have tried to order food ingredients 2 times and the food never comes to my house even though I have paid for it. 

What am I doing wrong?

Message 7 of 18 (10,717 Views)

★ Guide

You have to pay attention to where the delivery person goes.  For whatever reason they never come into my house either, but put the groceries on the half wall in the back yard.  I thought they weren't being delivered, but they are just not into the house.  

Message 8 of 18 (10,706 Views)

★★ Guide

For me, the delivery person walks up to the front door. I have my sim accept the delivery and give the person money. The person leaves with the money, and I can’t find the groceries anywhere.

Message 9 of 18 (10,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ordered groceries on Monday of my game and now it’s a Thursday and it still says my groceries are on the way. I’m convinced my delivery person was eaten by wolves and I can’t place another order because of the previous one still in the “works”. Any help? Lol 

Message 10 of 18 (7,223 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help