Got Engaged Without Asking?

by YarnAttack

Original Post

Re: Got Engaged Without Asking?

Champion (Retired)

@27mia12 

It works instantly no pregnancy before having the baby, Just like in your case they were instantly engaged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 27 (947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have and I only have base game

Message 12 of 27 (821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don’t have get together and it happened to me. I think it’s parent hood since it’s the same format as the calling for advice thing

Message 13 of 27 (712 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fqppqz25rcxb 

In your case it is the new Neighborhood Stories that were recently added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 27 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Answering no doesn't work though. I've had this happen to me twice now. The first time I answered yes, because I thought it was a random glitch.

The second time I chose the other option and the sim got mad at me, but they still got engaged (I guess it depends on how full the romance and friendship bars are?).

The other weird thing about this, is that the second time both sims were in my household. It's really quite annoying. Especially when you're playing out a story.

Message 15 of 27 (672 Views)

★★★ Guide

This literally just happened to me, man I wish I recorded that 🤣

Message 16 of 27 (639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this just happened to me! I'm so mad I wanted to further my sims career first. did you find a solution?

Message 17 of 27 (602 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@KimSings1999 @EeveeTinn @pootoonmoogoo 

There is a bug report several people made (all merged) on the bug reports section here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-I-found-a-ring-call-from-my-sim-s-own-partner/m-p/...

I'd suggest hitting the "Me Too" option on that thread so they know more an more people are being affected by this bug with those advice calls.   Hopefully it will get fixed soon so it looks at more than just friendship level with the played sim (ignoring other factors) when it decides a call like that should be made.   It can also happen with a family member calling your sim to ask if they should get to know their own spouse.  Like I had Mortimer goth call my sim asking if he should hang out with Bella Goth.   He also called my sim asking if he should get to know Bella Goth.  I'm pretty sure since they're married, live in the same house and have 2 kids they probably know each other fairly well lol 

If it happens to your sim and you want to remove the engagement I think you can use MCCC to change the relationship back to just girlfriend or boyfriend and cancel the engagement.   I know there are a lot of relationship types and stats you can set using MCCC so I bet you can remove the engagement that way too.   Make a backup save before doing so though just in case. 

Message 18 of 27 (594 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had this problem, along with babies, job changes, making new friends, etc. It’s especially weird when it’s two sims in your household doing this to each other

Message 19 of 27 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's just happened to me. I hit yes because I didn't want negative moods or relationship decline from hitting no... why are they now engaged!? You just found a ring and put it on pal? Because my sim isn't even at the same lot as you!? Not impressed with this one. 

Message 20 of 27 (510 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help