Get Famous - Can't get Gold gig, gig not acting as an event.

by M0RTALVAMP

Original Post

Get Famous - Can't get Gold gig, gig not acting as an event.

★★★ Newbie

My sim is a background actor and can NOT get a gold gig result as her lifetime aspiration requires.

The gigs she usually takes on recommend Charisma level 2 and she is level 5 charisma, level 5 acting. I get her into costume, makeup, perform a scene with a costar, and get notes from the director. Then she performs all risky actions. And yet I always get that her performance was just "acceptable."

In looking around forums, I've noticed that everyone talks about pre-performance actions. Her gigs do not occur as events/timed events. They can go on forever if she doesn't perform. I have no pre-performance actions because it does not act as an event. Is it supposed to? I'm really confused, because if it is supposed to, I'm not sure how to fix that. 

She can audition, get the gig, and promptly goes to the gig when she is supposed to. But it doesn't show up as an event with the timer in the corner or any actions to complete. I can never get gold despite her skills being well above what is recommended.

Message 1 of 2 (384 Views)

Re: Get Famous - Can't get Gold gig, gig not acting as an event.

Champion (Retired)

@M0RTALVAMP 

To get gold you must perform at least one risky action and it must succeed. You mention doing only risky actions so it sounds like some of them fail and you thus get only an acceptable performance. To minimize the risk of fails practice acting. Once it is at level 10 the chance of failing will be minimal. Keep an eye on the performance bar to see how you are doing. If it doesn't move after a performance it means you failed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help