Gender bug with either latest patch or werewolves pack

by taffster74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gender bug with either latest patch or werewolves pack

★ Guide

I have noticed a little issue when creating new sims since the latest patch and the werewolves pack (both of which i have). I do play with certain ... non-vanilla mods - and have checked all of them. All are up to date. So, here is the issue. when I create a new female sims, she has the .... bits for both male and female. Most noticable is the male .... bits. (I'm trying to be pc here and also trying not to laugh. It's not easy. lol). As i said, yes i do play with certain non-vanilla mods and have updated them and tried without them. Same deal. However, this is only in CAS, change sim and change outfit mode. The, ah, issue does not appear in game otherwise. It is possible that this is something to do with the werewolves pack or the related patch, as i've only had this occur since i got both. It may be linked in with the other bug affecting the Chest/Breast/Thoracic slider. 

Message 1 of 20 (1,323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gender bug with either latest patch or werewolves pack

Community Manager

@taffster74 

Thanks for all the information on this! If this is only happening with your mods, that tells us this is a mod related issue. For specific mod issues like this, you'd want to reach out to the creator of that mod so they can ensure everything is updated and working properly. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 20 (1,057 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @taffster74,

Doers this also occur when you have no mods installed?
EACade
Message 2 of 20 (1,249 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Cade Certainly does.
Message 3 of 20 (1,215 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @taffster74,

Could you attach some screenshots of what you're seeing in CAS to your post please so we can take a look? 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 20 (1,188 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Solaire I don't know how to pixilate images. But it's the same thing as when people playing vanilla see their male sims in cas wearing the base game bra.
Message 5 of 20 (1,160 Views)

Community Manager

@taffster74 

If your mods have been removed, there won't be anything there that would need to be pixelated. Can you attach an unmodded screenshot please of what you're seeing in CAS? 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 20 (1,141 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Solaire welp, that's weird. Now it's working fine - without mods. Haven't tried with mods yet..... and, due to the nature of non-vanilla game play, i obviously can't go putting screen shots up here - if the bug still occurs. I'm pretty certain it still is a game/patch issue though because this only occurred after the werewolves pack and patch and all of my mods that would affect this particular issue are up-to-date (one has even been updated three times since the werewolves pack!!). I'll take a look through my mods and custom content, but if there is nothing there to explain the issue, is it possible i could send either you or EA_Cade a screenshot via dm? You know, because of the nature of the issue.
Message 7 of 20 (1,097 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Solaire, EA_Cade have been through my mods, opened folders and can't find anything there that would be causing this issue. I'm going to have to - with permission of course - send one of you two a screenshot via dm so you can see what's going on. It's the only way i can see that we can address it. assuming, of course, that the issue still presents itself. Its technology, seemingly anything can happen.
Message 8 of 20 (1,091 Views)

★ Guide

Have started a new game with mods - issue still there. I can be more specific with what's happening without being specific - if you catch my drift. The issue only appears to affect female sims. As I said, i play with some ... non-vanilla mods, all of them linked in with one very popular non-vanilla mod (obviously i can't say what that is here!). This particular mod has been updated at least three times by it's creator since the release of the werewolves pack - the latest update being on June 26. Now, the issue is as follows - when the female sim is naked or wearing only something from accessories (tights, socks, etc), she has the genitalia of a male while everything else about her is distinctly feminine. When you add bottoms clothing - a skirt, pants, jeans, shorts, underwear, swimwear - everything is perfectly normal. This only occurs in CAS, Change Sim and plan outfit - nowhere else. This never occurred prior to the werewolves pack and it's related patch but has been occurring since. Which leads me to believe that it is something to do with the pack or it's related patch. I say that because there is another bug that has been reported that is similar - the one where we can no longer use the breast/chest sliders - in game or mods. Initially, that affected all sliders, but i've checked all my CC sliders - removed them, updated them, et al - and everything is working fine in that regard - except for anything to do with the chest/breast/ thoracic region. Even using mod/CC bodies has the same issue. I raise that, because it came into effect the same time as this little ... issue ... I've been experiencing. There is such a thing as pure coincidence, I agree, but ... I don't know. Then when you throw in the vanilla game issue of some people creating male sims and their wearing the base game brassiere in CAS/Change Sim/Plan outfit modes ... it kinda goes beyond coincidence. I think you can understand why people would be thinking "hmm, something with either the new pack or its pre-release patch". My guess is, it's something in either the coding, the scripting or maybe both. Like i've said earlier, I'm happy to take a screen shot and send it to a Community manager via DM  - only because of the ,ah, sensitive nature of the issue. But of course that would only be with their okay.

Message 9 of 20 (1,074 Views)

Community Manager

@taffster74 

Thanks for all the information on this! If this is only happening with your mods, that tells us this is a mod related issue. For specific mod issues like this, you'd want to reach out to the creator of that mod so they can ensure everything is updated and working properly. 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 20 (1,058 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help