Re: Firefighter bug?

by LyssSimpatico

Original Post

Firefighter bug?

★ Guide

So when a fire starts, the firefighters who show up aren’t firefighters, one of them that showed up last time was a style influencer. They show up in normal every day clothes and then they stand there saying they can’t put out the fire. So my sim ends up having to put it out themselves. So there’s nothing blocking it, they are capable, they just don’t. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Happens regardless of mods being off.

Message 1 of 7 (622 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LyssSimpatico 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (574 Views)

Champion

@LyssSimpatico , it is usually best to try it with your Mods folder moved to a safe place (like your Desktop) temporarily, as opposed to just turning your Mods off. 

Also, you should delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. This is important because it can contain bits of corrupted data even after you remove your CC/Mods! Raised eyebrow This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

Please try these things and then update us on if it worked or not. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (573 Views)

★ Guide

Happens with or without mods. Local thumb chache also deleted.

Message 4 of 7 (503 Views)

★ Guide

Tried moving the mods too.

Message 5 of 7 (502 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LyssSimpatico 

Did you also test in a new save. Your existing save may be permanently damaged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 7 (485 Views)

★ Guide

I’ll try but, I’m 4 generations deep in my save 😭

Message 7 of 7 (423 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help