[ARCHIVED] How to use Mods/CC on PC

by crinrict

Original Post

Uptade problem with CC

★★★ Newbie

Hi I'm a fairly new moded sims gamer and I've had a problem with CC after the new update with the skin tones and all, the cc won't show up in game even though I've downloaded it nd but on in my CC folder in the Mods folder 

Message 51 of 338 (2,151 Views)

Re: Uptade problem with CC

Hero
@Juliaisobsessed I merged your post with the master thread on mod/cc general issues

Can you try the suggestions in the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 338 (2,128 Views)

CC not showing up

★★★ Novice

Hello, so I have an issue with downloading cc. This is my first time doing it and I followed multiple videos on how to do it and it still isn't showing up on my game.

I do have both cc options clicked on in the sims 4 game, I extracted a few files with 7-zip but then it had an error so tried WinRar which worked. I then moved the files into my mods folder but when I opened the game nothing came up. I redid this a few times trying to figure out what was wrong but then I didn't even have an option in cas mode to select what kind of content I wanted to filter, no purchased option even. I was really looking forward to using this, so if anyone knows please let me know. 

Message 53 of 338 (2,175 Views)

Re: CC not showing up

@Sheaheas 

What error?

Please could you click on one CC file in Finder once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of the file here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 54 of 338 (2,155 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hopefully this is what you meant

C:\Users\sienn\Documents\The Sims 4\Mods

Message 55 of 338 (2,141 Views)

@Sheaheas

This is the Mac forum. Moving your thread to the PC forum.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 56 of 338 (2,126 Views)

Hero
@Sheaheas I merged your post with the master thread.

Please read the common pitfalls section on the first page for suggestions what could have gone wrong.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 338 (2,112 Views)

sims 4 mods issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

a few weeks ago i tried to download a mod for the sims 4 and it didn't show up in my game, so i assumed it was just the mod's fault. but yesterday i downloaded mods from a completely different creator. and the mods i downloaded were updated very recently. when i started up my game today, i see none of them even though i put them in my mods folder. i have cc and script mods enabled, and the other mod i already have, mccc, is working just fine. is there a fix for this? oh also when i look at my mods list, i see the mods, they just dont show up when im playing.

Message 58 of 338 (2,126 Views)

Re: sims 4 mods issue

Hero
@1ayy2 Merged your post with the main Mods issue thread.

Could you try all the suggestions in the first post. If those don't help, please post a picture of your mods folder

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 338 (2,080 Views)

Re: sims 4 mods issue

★★ Novice

unzipping them worked! thanks for the suggestion.

Message 60 of 338 (2,052 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help