Re: CC suddenly disappeared

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 update cc not working

★ Apprentice

Hi!, this is quite rare. I don't really have a answer for this accept from redownloading it, to double check use the custom content tag with the filters. With the household I would contact EA and tell them this.

I really do hope you get your CC back, Please tell me if this doesn't work. Frown images.png

Message 111 of 338 (858 Views)

Re: Sims 4 update cc not working

Hero
@jde133htqrqh I merged your post with the main thread on CC issues

Did you start the game and then save without enabled cc ? That will remove your cc from the save for good and you'll need to reapply

Does the cc now show up in your game ? If so, it's probably easiest to just revert to a backup if you have one. The game makes automatic backups so you can try those.

You can find instructions here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 338 (822 Views)

CC suddenly disappeared

★★★ Newbie

How do I get my mods back? I was playing for a long while and went to reopen the game and keep playing when I get the message "ITEMS REMOVED: One or more Create a Sim items have been removed. The items may not be installed on your computer or the EA account that is currently logged in does not own these items" At first I didn't think anything of it but then when I went to check on created sims tons of my cc was gone. It was just there not even seconds ago. All my cc is in my mods folder and I didn't deleted anything. The only thing I did was add a mod while the game was running but I didn't think it would cause a problem. My mods are still enabled and most of my cc is showing up but practically half of it disappeared. I don't know what to do and would very much like my sims to have hair again. Any advice is helpful thank you. 

Message 113 of 338 (763 Views)

Hero
@littlejestrman Did you double check your settings if it's enabled ?

I merged your post with the main thread on mods/cc so please check the first post for a few common suggestions. Could be oneDrive has taken over.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 114 of 338 (741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, mods were enabled when i was playing and after i reopened the game. I tried restarting with them off and then turning it on again but that didn’t do anything. I’ve tried reading some of my old mods but that hasn’t changed anything either. 

Message 115 of 338 (723 Views)

Hero
@littlejestrman Did you check which folder the game is actually using (as per first page)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 116 of 338 (720 Views)

My Mods aren’t working. Mods turned on, in mods folder, and up to date. Help!

★★★ Newbie

My Mods are not working. I have Mods turned on, in mods folder, mods are up-to-date (I just downloaded them), and I (am pretty sure) I downloaded the correctly. Can you please help me. It is really confusing and I am new to mods. I am on Windows  PC, by the way.

Message 117 of 338 (707 Views)

Re: My Mods aren’t working. Mods turned on, in mods folder, and up to date. Help

Hero
@162442 I merged your post with the main thread. Please check the first post under Common pitfalls for some suggestions.

If it still doesn't work, please post a picture of your mods folder (remove all personal info from the pic)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 118 of 338 (670 Views)

Re: I have cc in my cc folder but its not showing in game

★ Apprentice

It's more like it can't be in 2 folders. You can't have clothing, and then pants and hats inside. 1 folder with package files only. But yeah you better organize them. Lots are to be updated, so you'd need to delete the old and place in the new one. You'll want them organized.

Message 119 of 338 (648 Views)

Re: My Mods aren’t working. Mods turned on, in mods folder, and up to date. Help

★ Apprentice

Usually it's the folders. First see if any folders have a zipper icon. They can't, must be extracted. Second they can only be in 1 subfolder. I saw many times when you extract it places 1 folder with packages inside one more folder. So copy the folder with only packages inside and paste, And delete the zipped ones or the double ones. If you group them by yourself, group in 1 folder no subfolders. If you don't know how to extract, read up on izarc, get it, install, right click on a zipped folder open with, then izarc, then the extract button.

Message 120 of 338 (644 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help