Re: Disappearing Sims (Not homeless)

by izzylee388

Original Post

Disappearing Sims (Not homeless)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Strangerville, Star Wars, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories, Werewolves, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Mochino, My First Pet, Toddler, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have been playing with a sim for a while and took a break for a couple of months, whe you go back to your family some of their relationships have disappeared.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim's relationships disappear along with the npc sims themselves even though they are living in a house in world.
What do you expect to see? I expect that relationships and sims don't disappear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims keep disappearing in the game. The disppearing sims are markes as unplayed, they are for my played sims to interract with. And no they are not homeless, they actually had homes in the world. But they just disappeared, no relationship, no ghosts, nothing. What might be causing this?

Message 1 of 6 (315 Views)

Hero
@izzylee388 Do you have move out active on the neighborhood stories ?

Do you have them in my household or other households ? Other households can get culled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (273 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have move out option on yes and they were in other households.

Message 3 of 6 (267 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Does culling also make their relationship disappear as well?
Message 4 of 6 (266 Views)

Hero
@izzylee388 If the Sim is gone, the relationship will as well. There's also relationship culling if you don't interact with them.

I'm guessing they were moved out by the game then. You can click on the mail box to read the neighborhood stories to see if that is what it was.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (263 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you.
Message 6 of 6 (261 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help