Re: Custom CAS sliders aren't working after the new update ...

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Custom CAS sliders aren't working after the new update ...

★★ Novice

My CAS sliders aren't working after this 6/14/2022 update. I tried many ways to fix this - I deleted all my sliders and redownloaded them, enabled CC and script mods, and even downloaded 2 software to check for any broken CC. All my CC is fine it seems. And individually taking out CC to see which one is broken is really not an option, I have 1225 custom content. It's so frustrating because I relied on my custom sliders so hard. Someone said to delete the cache, but I think it made it worse. What do I do now?

Message 1 of 19 (17,706 Views)

Hero
@lqvishqt They might be broken and you'll need to wait until they get updated.

Do you have any issues with the game sliders with no mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (17,646 Views)

★★ Novice

The update broke a few of my sliders as well; however, without mods, everything works fine.

Message 3 of 19 (17,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@errolr1 Then it's best to check with the creator of the sliders. They can help you best. Maybe they already got updated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (17,565 Views)

★ Novice

Same here, I've tried redownloading and getting rid of other sliders to see if they're conflicting but it seems to be the new update that's broken them. I also did a full game repair and still my hip slider from Luumia still wasn't working, which is one I use religiously. I hope the modders can fix this soon :/

Message 5 of 19 (17,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@snipergirl2003 I've seen unconfirmed reports that all of Luumia's sliders are currently broken. The SimsVIP mods tracker is still showing their status as "unknown". There is a potential batch fix in work, but the modder needs to see if it's compatible with the werewolf form. For now, just hang tight and keep your fingers crossed. Keep checking on Luumia's site for updates or check the Broken/Update Mods & CC thread on the Sims Forum. If an update becomes available, they'll likely post a link there.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: June 14, 2022 Werewolves Patch — The Sims Forums

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

Message 6 of 19 (17,421 Views)

★ Novice

if you have any cmar sliders, i'm pretty sure they're all updated! my luumia ones are still not working either Frown 

Message 7 of 19 (16,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@soulintwo @snipergirl2003 Yes, Cmar did update their slider mods on Mod the Sims. I have them in my game and they seem to be working fine with the current game patch (June 15, 2022). 

I have several older slider mods where the creators appear to be no longer active. I used Cmar's TS4SliderConverter to try to fix those older slider mods. The fixed versions seem to be working again. I don't have any slider mods by Luumia but perhaps the TS4SliderConverter can fix them as well. I can't post a link on here but you can find the TS4SliderConverter on Mod the Sims. It shows up under CmarNYC. It's very easy to use and it does not change your original mod, it just creates a fixed copy that should be compatible with the current patch.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Message 8 of 19 (16,476 Views)

Most of my simple slider mods just wont work after the latest update.

★★★ Newbie

They still appear in the mod menu when you start the game, but they just don't work in game. Why would this happen after just a normal, mandatory update?

Message 9 of 19 (16,100 Views)

Re: Most of my simple slider mods just wont work after the latest update.

★★★★ Expert

Unfortunately, it's just a thing that some mods break after every patch. Slider mods, skin details, some alpha hairs, etc. were hit hard by this particular patch because they're somehow conflicting with things that they added for werewolves. This is, alas, normal and the price we pay for using mods and CC.

Watch your favorite creators' patreons, web sites, twitters, discords, etc., for updates and cross your fingers.

Message 10 of 19 (16,068 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help