Cottage Living – no bonus content

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade Wow! I'm speechless! Yeah, I saw it earlier today. This is amazing I did not expect to get it that quickly fixed. Cade thank you from the bottom of my heart! You made my day, yay! Sul Sul Wink
Message 321 of 341 (908 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Cade

I hope you can help me, I have the same problem. Two people of the EA support couldn't resolve the problem. Could you look into my conto, why the content ist missing? I purchased the game on july the 22th. I always hoped that the content will show up with an update, but it didn't.
Message 322 of 341 (856 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Silberphoenix90,

Sorry to hear it, where was the pack purchased from?
EACade
Message 323 of 341 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi EA_Cade,

thank you for your answer. I'm purchased it from unlimitedkeys via a website called MMOGA. The date was July  22nd  2021.

Message 324 of 341 (796 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Silberphoenix90,

Unfortunately key resellers like MMOGA are not an authorized retailer of our games, we cannot assist with any missing bonus content for purchases made through them and you should reach out to MMOGA for further assistance.

We have more information on this as well as a list of authorized retailers in the help article available here.

EACade
Message 325 of 341 (788 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Cade 

how should they help me? They have no access to the origin account. The advertising for the bonus content was also not from MMOGA and the EA advertising didn't say that you only get it if you buy it directly on origin. It said buy before the 2nd September and I did. It's very dissappointing, that ther is no better solution for this. I will try and reach out to the MMOGA support, but I don't think they can help.

Message 326 of 341 (775 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@alanmichael1 have had the same issue since i got the pack. have went in circles with support since the pack was released, and they keep sending me on wild goose chases and giving me false promises or worse not responding to me at all and keep closing my cases on me without any replies, and refuse to respond to my emails after i reply 1st time w what they request. they send me an email constantly requesting the same info, i reply, then i hear nothing and i then get a second email stating that the case will auto close if i do not reply or if my resolution has been resolved then safely disregard this email. i reply and reply, saying im not done no this hasnt been resolved! i need help! never get a response and the case auto closes again. i would not have purchased the pack at full price and should have known better, i felt i was conned into buying the pack at full price bc they just wanted more traffic at this point. yet the only people i see with the actual iGC are streamers like lil simsie and deligracy, but not individuals like me who arent important enough i guess. i really would like a link to DL my content i paid for, but i know that will never happen bc thy either dont understand me, copy/paste me, or just ghost me. i was never told in their flyer, by their staff, or in anywhere else that i had to DL anywhere specific so i DL from amazon as always. i was also told by all the CS i spoke to that that wasnt the issue. i feel taken advantage of. i feel this is not how you are suppose to treat your client base who have each given you more than a grand in packs alone...the least you could do is give me the content i was promised and not constantly force me no other choice but to completely delete my game frequently, then take 2 days to reinstall my game 4 times now with a sure full proof promise every time that it will work! just to get me off the line, then just ghost my emails...
Message 327 of 341 (717 Views)

Re: "Cottage Living" Pre-Order Items not appearing in game

★★ Apprentice

no. i purchased from amazon like i do with all my packs.

Message 328 of 341 (714 Views)

★★ Novice

@Sprinkles91xo 

I totally understand what you mean. At one of the first pages here is a post with a screen shot from EA staff that says it is not important where you purchase.

In my case it was enough that it send me over the edge. In the last two years I played less and less Sims 4 because after every pack I was disappointed and felt EA want just to grapp as much money as possible and has no interest in their customers. After this case I won't buy another game from EA. I bought so many packs and spend so much money and they don't get managed to give this three  items they promised.

In the future I will give my money modders and cc creators via patreon, because they put at least afford in the things they release.

Message 329 of 341 (693 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i just got mine today.

it took 20+ agents just to find one that both understood my english, and my constant cries for help. i did not give up, i was requested of my information at least that many times as well, until i refused to give it again and stated that this was the final time, and i had been asked for this information for the ? time and basically, please help me.

i finally, after 6 and a half months of stress.. depression, and tears got what i paid for, and this was a hard lesson...im never purchasing another pack for the sake of pre-order content, ever again, solely based on my experience with ea's CS. i will wait until that pack goes on sale, then buy it, bc i know better now with how i was just treated over the past 7 months.

it took 1 agent with literacy and enough english, a couple of minutes to download the content to my game and then i open my game to this, and i swear..i almost started to cry after everything ive been through with CS constantly copy/pasting me, and misunderstanding my plain english...

ea, and the sims are the only thing that stands in between me and my disability. i have crippling c-ptsd attacks, depression, and the sims are the only thing that keep my episodes/flashbacks & intrusive thoughts on mute. i never asked for this, and CS made my issue a thousand times worse by neglecting me, and just bc i cant handle feeling like ive been taken advantage of for the sake of full price due to outsourced negligence...again.

i opened my game to this pop-up.

i understand being a writer, specifically/personally in video games, and having the technical knowledge that i do, and mild proper business etiquette.. that issues can sometimes happen, and take time to correct. BUT. this is an entirely different matter. one that i am painfully aware of dealing with CS as much as i do..

i can not speak on it on here, and will keep my feelings to myself out of respect..my best advice? dont give up, persistence is key with the type of CS issue, and you basically just have to painfully shuffle through all of the bad eggs, before you get a good one. just keep a note of your info you are constantly asked for, and in shorter to the point emails, keep reiterating what you have said and express how many times, each time you have been asked the same question, and i simply ended this last email, with please help me. it was going to be my last email to them, maybe that was fates way of stepping in? if you believe that sort of business.

anyhoo, that's what i did. i was persistent and clear, i did not ramble after the first few emails and kept it short and simple. i often copy/pasted them basic information back, and after a while it worked but took almost a year. Disappointed

i wish you all the love and warmth i can muster. you are wanted here. Heart

Message 330 of 341 (632 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help