Re: I bought cottage living downloaded it but origin doesnt show this + no bonus

by mostlyzen1

Original Post

Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

★★★★ Apprentice
@Brunettewitch93 Hey I'm really happy for you and really happy it helped you!!
Message 121 of 341 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you think they will fix this issue for all of us eventually by some update or only for those who contacted them directly? Cause I am on vocation now and I am not able to contact EAsupport and provide them all needed information. I fear that by the time I am back it will be too late and my bonus content will be lost for good.

Message 122 of 341 (1,096 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Patilosz I have my doubts because they tend to say they can't help you because you purchased it off a third party website. But if people keep complaining they might actually do something about it. Keep an eye on it, you will have up to 2nd september ot actually contact them!
Message 123 of 341 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to put my 2p in and say I finally got my content.

Pre-ordered from CDKeys, have the 2 entries of Cottage Living on my Origin Expansion Packs page, same as eeveryone else. I spoke to someone on live chat yesterday who said it was being investigated and would be fixed so there was nothing to do. Tried speaking to live chat again today and kept being told they couldn't verify the purchase because it was a 3rd party retailer so they couldn't do anything. I linked all the the threads and tweets confirming it doesn't matter where you bought it from as long as you redeem Cottage Living before September 2nd but it didn't matter - they just kept repeating there was nothing they could do, they couldn't verify it, ignored all of the tweets I linked of other people getting their items. I asked eo escalate it and they said they couldn't.

I then tried calling the UK helpline and I had to give my Origin account email address and confirm where I bought my key. They said they had to check the verified retailers list for EA and I said it was already confirmed it doesn't matter where you buy the pack from as long as you buy it before September 2nd - they said they understand that and they just have to check it because some of the keys don't have the content included with them (so I'm guessing only the verified retailers has the bonus content included in the key and everyone else just gets the regular key?). It took a while but after a few minutes they confirmed they added the content to my account. 

So keep trying everyone. It's extremely frustrating and digusting they do this, making us all jump through hoops to get the content we were promised but you will get it, just keep trying!!

Message 124 of 341 (1,038 Views)

Re: I bought cottage living downloaded it but origin doesnt show this + no bonus

Hero
@mostlyzen1 Your post has been merged into it.

Please see accepted solution for more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 125 of 341 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

I noticed that origin doesnt recognize that I already have the pack. When I check the store it doesnt show the "purchased" tag on it. But I have the game since one hour after release. No problem with the key.

Yesterday I bought two more expansions that Ive been missing. No problem with the keys and the store recognizes them as purchased.

Should I write a ticket?
Should I call my local support number?

Message 126 of 341 (964 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have got this resolved, the way many people have done on this thread. I managed to get a EA chat some how after failing to start a live chat many times. I then after 30 minutes, yes 30 minutes and posting links to Answers HQ persuaded the EA agent to help me. I got the bonus stuff added to my account. EA really needs to not promise this stuff to people if it is not willing to deliver, and it needs to brief their help staff also so they give a uniform response 

Message 127 of 341 (908 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Tak samo ja czułam się bezpiecznie kupując dodatek w empiku w dniu premiery i też nie dostałam tego zestawu zajęty gnom - smutne czuje się oszukana przez was EA. Na stronie dodatku w empiku wyraźnie widnieje ze dany zestaw zajęty gnom gratis powinnam otrzymać. Jedyny dodatek co kupiłam cyfrowo to śnieżną eskapadę czego długo żałowałam wersja cyfrowa popsuła mi grę, po instalacji dodatku the sims 4 wiejska sielanka z płyty gra samoistnie mi się naprawiła i naprawa gry w końcu dochodzi do końca. Jednakże jestem zniesmaczona - wysłałam wam do pomocy origin klucz z pudełka i paragon - ale nadal nie dosłaliście mi brakującego zestawu zajęty gnom - co jest smutne bo jestem stałą klientką - która po prostu woli wersje płytowe. A na stronie empiku wyraźnie w ogłoszeniu dodatku pisze ze dany zestaw powinnam dostać jak zainstaluje przed 2 września. help.
Message 128 of 341 (845 Views)

Dot.: Cottage Living – no bonus content

★★★★ Apprentice

również nie dostałam zestawu zajęty gnom choć w dniu premiery kupiłam dodatek w empiku

Message 129 of 341 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Zasz_Zerg For me there were 2 versions of cottage living. One is with the bonus content the other without it. Have you checked if you got the bonus content ? If it's not there I would recommend either trying to live chat or call support. I had to try 3 times till they gave me the bonus items on my account.
Message 130 of 341 (1,024 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help