Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

by Ewana3

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@oaana did you give them a link to their tweet? Or maybe a link to this thread? (I posted a pic of their tweet in the reply underneath the very first post, so they could see it there. Someone else also posted a tweet from a simguru saying we could buy it anywhere too).

I don't see how you could get banned or punished for asking, so long as you remain polite.

Message 111 of 341 (897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

I installed Cottage Living (23.7.2021) and I don't have a GNOME on the Go Bonus Content Frown

EDIT: I’ve changed method and contacted service via chat... I got my items after few minutes and he was very nice and helpful. Thank you very much❤️

Message 112 of 341 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@elliebretonTrust me I did. I did spend a good hour trying to make them understand. Sent all the screenshot in the universe, tweet. Doesn’t matter. When the guy finally told me « i’m gonna ask my supervisor » all of a sudden the connection gets lost in their end and they transfer me to somebody that shuts me in 2 seconds. I do assume it’s on purpos

EDIT: I’ve changed method and contacted french service via phone call... got my items after few minutes and she was very nice and helpful.

Message 113 of 341 (876 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been contacting EA on different platforms. And they will not give me my bonus content because they cannot verify my purchase from cdkeys. I cannot believe some get it, and others don't. and then they come with this story of "there is nothing we can do" but clearly there is something they can do. I'm fuming. Especially because there is no way for me to call them from Holland. 

Message 114 of 341 (844 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Brunettewitch93 I understand your frustration, really! Could you try calling an english number? I know you (we) shouldn’t have to fight for it so much but you deserve the same treatment as everybody else!
Message 115 of 341 (836 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@oaana I don't get the option in support to call. I only get that when I'm US or UK but that's only available for people with those land codes. I don't know what to do.
Message 116 of 341 (818 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Brunettewitch93 Hmmm on the french/belgian site I couldn’t live chat with them. What are your options ? Mail and Live chat? Some people got their item via live chat by insisting. It’s really tiring but I would literally insist multiple times in your case. Maybe giving a bit of time between to make sure you reach a nice adviser ready to help and hear you out!
Message 117 of 341 (808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@oaanaI get live chat and email. on the Dutch page only email. But i don't understand how to answer their emails. I've tried chat 3 times already and I insisted even provided screenshots etc. but they keep coming back with unauthorized seller.

Message 118 of 341 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Brunettewitch93Yeah... I would accept this excuse if they were actually treating everybody the same way. Maybe wait few hours and try again? I think they should just give it to everybody owning the pack in their library at this point.

Message 119 of 341 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@oaana I just googled the number for holland, and got put through to an English speaking customer service employee. AND SHE GRANTED ME the bonus content. She was really nice and did not ask any questions other than my origin ID and then she fixed. Thank you for your tip to call. 
Message 120 of 341 (987 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help