Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

by JJKPOPXD

Original Post

I bought cottage living downloaded it but origin doesnt show this + no bonus

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Romantic Garden, Spooky stuff and My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Origin issue that shows I did not buy the cottage living pack, though I downlaod and installed it yesterday. Also I got no bonus items
What happens when the bug occurs? Please see above: I have the pack but origin doesn't think i do. Also I have no bonus items
What do you expect to see? Bonus items for cottage living and Origin to show this is installed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living downlaiod/install

No screen shots please see above

Message 91 of 341 (1,378 Views)

Re: I bought cottage living downloaded it but origin doesnt show this + no bonus

Hero
@mostlyzen1 I merged your post with the master. Please see info available here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 341 (1,366 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I contacted EA support with Live Chat and I managed to get my bonus content. They asked me where I bought it and to show the receipts (CDkeys).

Were extremely friendly and helpful.

Really need to get lucky with the person you are in chat with.

Message 93 of 341 (1,331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I finally got it as well. I was chatting with Mohd from EA support chat. He added it manually told me to log out and log in. After booting game I got Gnome on the Go bonus pop up! Guys try to contact them now or wait for update from them

Message 94 of 341 (1,292 Views)

Re: I bought cottage living downloaded it but origin doesnt show this + no bonus

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Please give the link to the master I don't see it in your reply
Message 95 of 341 (1,266 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes, it is possible that you may fail with one rep and succeed with another, like I did.

I would recommend going back on Live Chat if you fail the first time. 

You will need to verify your account by giving them your email address and they will likely ask where you bought the pack and for proof of purchase (with me, I needed to give them my game code).

Once they can see you have redeemed that code on your account, they should be able to give you the bonus content.

If they question it, I would recommend giving them a link to one of the Twitter posts which state we could buy the pack anywhere and still get the bonus content.

Good luck to everyone who is still trying.

Message 96 of 341 (1,251 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys! I too had this problem but after contacting EA support, I was able to gain access to the DLC. It was no trouble at all.They did at first tell me that it was only for those who pre-ordered, but after I told them that wasn't what the trailer said, they apologized, asked to confirm my Origin email, and gave me access to the bonus content. The only thing I had to do was restart my game.

Message 97 of 341 (1,196 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Miovh@alanmichael1 

it worked! 2nd time was a charm.

Same as the others, explained problem, they said no problem, let me fix that.

Thank you to everyone else who has posted supportive words.

In summary, bought from CDKEYS, no gnome on the go, spoke to live chat twice, once on EU time, once on US time, second time they added it no worries.

Message 98 of 341 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Pierss I talked to UK support. There were big help and done so fast, I didn't even have to log out or anything just game them my email, game key code and date of purchase. I was so scared, 'cause my english isn't that good for live chat, but didn't have to. It was easy.
Thank you all here for help and big thanks to Julie, who was on live chat with me in the middle of the night. My weekend is saved. :-)
Message 99 of 341 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ahh Luckyyy! I just finished my live chat and unfortunately they said that I have to wait for the developers to fix the problem Frown

Message 100 of 341 (1,233 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help