Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

by Miovh

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I purchased the game through CDKeys yesterday thinking it would be okay, but did not receive the bonus content. I called EA Help but they said that CDKeys is not a "registered retailer" so therefore the content cannot be added to my game. I am not at all happy with this, as there have been tweets assuring that any code would grant the bonus content as mentioned in this thread.

I just wanted the cute bike :'( I specifically bought this when it wasn't on sale (as I normally do) so that I could receive this extra content.

Message 81 of 341 (1,460 Views)

★ Guide
I might try again tomorrow but when I talked to an EA rep earlier I was simply told to wait for the problem to be fixed. Rather annoying.
Message 82 of 341 (1,439 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just contacted EA Help again, was connected with a different person, and they gave me the bonus content immediately. This is appalling how disconnected EA is about this, where it's a roll of the die whether or not you might get connected with someone who will grant you the bonus content advertised. The previous person said it was impossible to give me the bonus content based on where I purchased it, which sounded very weird as I don't know how Origin knows exactly where I purchased my registration key, yet that was clearly a lie as the next employee granted it to me immediately. Honestly I am very disappointed in EA.

Message 83 of 341 (1,410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@me_becc63 Great news that you finally got it !
Did you contact them via email or elsewhere ? I send a request via email but I still haven't gotten any response.
Message 84 of 341 (1,396 Views)

★★★ Novice

I went to the EA Help Contact Us page, selected The Sims 4, selected Technical Support, selected Downloads, and as it is within working hours I was given the option to call or live chat. Originally I opted to receive a call, but that particular person did not give me the bonus content, so I went with live chat next because I do not have unlimited calling. So I guess I'd suggest getting a call or chatting live if you can and hopefully by luck of the draw you get someone who will give you the bonus!

Message 85 of 341 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@me_becc63  That's really good news! Give us others hope.

Did they ask you where you bought the game? Or did you just say, I redeemed the code and no bonus.

Your words might help us all Standard smile

Message 86 of 341 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

3 times I talk with EA they not help me Frown

Message 87 of 341 (1,357 Views)

★★ Novice

That's what I'm currently trying to do, but the website isn't showing me any contact options–I assume it's not supposed to look like this? Not sure where else I can try to contact them.

Message 88 of 341 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So Annoying Confused

Message 89 of 341 (1,284 Views)

★★ Guide
@me_becc63 Thank you for sharing. I live chat with them as well and I received bonus content. I think is quicker option then a call. So I recommended contact with them via live chat on English website (even if you playing in another language).
Message 90 of 341 (1,558 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help