Cottage living bonus content not appearing in the game.

by Khlas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cottage Living – no bonus content

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I bought the code for Cottage Living today in a shop (because I collect the boxes) and downloaded the game via Origin.
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't find the promised early-buy bonus content in the game. I also see no notifcation on Origin where I can download it. I checked if the bonus is only connected with directly buying via Origin, but that is not the case: The info just says "Buy the game before September 2".
What do you expect to see? I want to download the bonus content. I wouldn't have bought the box otherwise.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I want the flower bike!!!

Message 1 of 341 (18,125 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Pre-Order Content of CL

Community Manager

@Austrianqueen 

Hey there! The team was made aware of this happening to players and is currently looking into it. We apologize for any confusion.

If the content is still not showing up for you, please contact our Support team so they can help get it for you as soon as possible.

EA Help on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Live-Support

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 177 of 341 (7,390 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cottage Living – no bonus content

★★★★ Guide

I bought the pack elsewhere and redeemed the code today, downloaded it and have no bonus content.

I felt safe buying it at a place other than Origin because I saw a tweet from EA Help stating that we would get the bonus content wherever we purchased the pack from, so long as it was redeemed by the required date.

I have attached a screenshot of the tweet in question.

Message 2 of 341 (18,062 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I understood from the information given that the bonus content would be available for anyone that bought the pack before September 2nd. No items in game.

Message 3 of 341 (18,002 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Added my "me too" as I'm having the exact same issue.  Bought the game elsewhere, and activated the product code through Origin.  I was somehow able to install Cottage Living today despite the page not recognizing that I even own it (still has the "Buy Now" button and everything), so sure enough I don't see the bonus content in game either even though I have the entire Cottage Living gameplay accessible at this time.

Message 4 of 341 (17,944 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue here, bought from another supplier, added the code to my Origin and I have the pack but not the bonus content.  I expect to receive the bonus content as a tweet I saw before purchasing, from EA Help, stated that all buyers would get it if they purchased before the cut off date.

Message 5 of 341 (17,933 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, got the code and downloaded the pack but didn’t get the bonus content 

Contacted support cleared the cache but it still isn’t there 

Message 6 of 341 (17,913 Views)

Re: "Cottage Living" Pre-Order Items not appearing in game

★★ Apprentice

Did you recieve anything?  I still dont have anything. Although I bought my copy physical and not trough origin. Is this the problem? I am kinda sadened if physical copies do not get it cuz I really want that bike -_-. 

Message 7 of 341 (17,974 Views)
Highlighted

Cottage living bonus content not appearing in the game.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

i hope you have a great day!

I purchased the new expansion pack as a physical copy. I installed the game and entered the code. While the xpac seems to run fine (even if I have to scroll down from the download page because for some reasons there were another icon that wanted me to buy the game again), the bonus content are not there.

Are those bonus coming later for physical copies of the game? I have nothing about any bonus content on origin and on the main menu of the game, and the items aren’t on the game during gameplay either. I know that you have probably a bigger issue to fix right now, but just wondering if Im the only one with this issue or not. 

Happy simming.

Message 8 of 341 (17,920 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh well just made a new topic about it, and it seems that us with a physical copy are people with this issue 

Message 9 of 341 (17,711 Views)

@LeCheffre  The original announcement stated that anyone who ordered from Origin or registered a copy bought elsewhere by September 2 should receive the bonus content.  There are currently a few different issues with the delivery of this pack, and I don't know if yours is related, but I'll try to find you an official answer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 341 (17,695 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help