Re: Cottage Living - about a Simple Living book

by AppleBlossom3

Original Post

Cottage Living - about a Simple Living book

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hey all, decided to ask here first, and did not find much on the forum. Can the Simple Living book be published, and does it recquire a certain level to do so?

My sim finished it, writing skill level 5, and I get a notification as usual to publish it through the mailbox. The problem is, there is no option on the mailbox to publish the book (it is in my Sim's inventory). 

Is it supposed to be like this, or I need a higher level, or is it a bug? 😅

Thanks 😄

Message 1 of 13 (3,364 Views)

★ Guide
@EeveeTinn I think I read somewhere that you can't publish it. That it's only supposed to be for family use, like a family cookbook. It's supposed to help raise cooking skill faster or something like that. I wish I could remember where I read it...
Message 2 of 13 (3,342 Views)

★★★ Guide
@AppleBlossom3 Oh! I cannot find it either. I checked the lessons but as far as I see, only says it enables other sims to master cooking quickly.
If it is the case it cannot be published, I think they should remove a message that it can be when finishing the book 😅
Message 3 of 13 (3,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EeveeTinn  Oh, you know what? I found it. And I remembered it wrong. What it said was that it wasn't of a high resell value. It didn't mention publishing at all. You can read about it here:

https://simscommunity.info/2021/07/14/the-sims-4-cottage-living-all-about-lot-challenges/ 

Message 4 of 13 (3,314 Views)

★★★ Guide
@AppleBlossom3 Ah, thanks! I read it, and even though it is not of big selling value, it would be nice to be able to self-publish at least (especially if you want to play a story-mode where a city sim finds the book and gets inspired to move, or something similar). Thanks for the input 😊
I think I will leave the thread open for some time, since the game notification does not make sense if you can't sell it really. Others can give input then, too 😊
Message 5 of 13 (3,304 Views)

★ Guide
@EeveeTinn Yeah, no problem. It does sound weird. Maybe it is a bug...
Message 6 of 13 (3,301 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, my Sim has published books before and cannot publish this one, despite it being "bestseller" quality.  Also her wife, who is cooking level 6, read it and was 'bored" by reading a low-level skill book.

:-/

But once their child hits teen I'll test it on her. 

Message 7 of 13 (3,289 Views)

★★★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Good to know, I will test it on younger/lower level sims too
Message 8 of 13 (3,284 Views)

★ Guide

Can I ask how do ppl get the ability to make these cookbooks and are there multiple other cookbooks or did this just came with the new pack?

Message 9 of 13 (3,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@kaiwryplays  This is the special cookbook that comes with Cottage Living.  If you gain level 10 cooking and cook 15 items with the Simple Living lot trait, you can write a cookbook that, according to the description, allows others to gain cooking skill very quickly. 

Message 10 of 13 (3,252 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help