Cc caused a glitch in my game.

by lilathesimlover

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cc caused a glitch in my game.

★★ Novice

Hi! I tought first of researching on google , but found no information , so here i am...

I am the type of person that cant really live without cc and mods.

And then occured a bug. I clicked on a book , and then "buy books" , i was in the menu, but i couldnt select anything , not even the checkmark . This occurs with all buy modes and other things exept with cooking. A similar bug is that i want to travel , select sims (they are selected ) but the blue background doesnt appear! I tried removing my mods out of the mods folder , and the bug still stays. I suspect my cc or my shader.. But i have alot of cc and cas stuff.I could never say goodbye to them! 

How do i find out what caused the bug?

Is it my cc?

Is it my cas stuff?

Is it my custom tray files?

Is it my shader?

Please help!!

Message 1 of 6 (561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cc caused a glitch in my game.

Champion (Retired)

@lilathesimlover 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (539 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@lilathesimlover 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks , i'll try. But it will take some time-

But if i delete localthumbcache, will my saves and tray files stay? i put alot of work in them.

Message 3 of 6 (526 Views)

★★ Novice

Now there is another bug i saw. The timer of events is all hidden, like something smashed it against the corner of my screen. and when changing outfits i cant see which one selected!

Message 4 of 6 (492 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lilathesimlover 

Please reread my previous answer.

Message 5 of 6 (484 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry

i was still working on it back then

I figured it out now , when i tought i've removed all my mods i forgot about one, and it seems it is it.

Thank you so much!

(It was the plumfruit 2 mod btw)

Message 6 of 6 (459 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help