Cc broke my game

by ilyharuhi

Original Post

Cc broke my game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’ve been using mods for quite a while and usually they’d work just fine until a few nights ago when I installed some Sims 3 cc on accident. It took me a while to figure it out but after I uninstalled  and reinstalled twice, repaired the game, AND deleted all of the cc that I had, my game started up again. However, just now I began the process of reinstalling and for some reason the game wouldn’t let me play with mods at all? I checked all of the files I have with a conflict detector and nothing was wrong but I keep getting this pop-up message whenever I want to add custom content and it’s really infuriating since I spent so long downloading everything both times. I can’t play Sims 4 without cc, it’s one of my favorite aspects of the game but now I literally just can’t play with cc at all. 

The error message shown is “Unable to start:

Cannot start because game data is missing or damaged. If you
have Mods installed please remove them and try again. If not,
please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.
[de4ee14f:29f00e76:00000000:4b0d852b)”
Message 1 of 5 (257 Views)

Re: Cc broke my game

Champion (Retired)

@ilyharuhi 

The the mod conflict detector detects conflicts between mods not mods and the game.

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did everything as you said but when I add any cc to the Mod file that's been placed in Desktop it won't show up in game at all. Am I meant to put the cc back into the original Mods folder instead? Because every single individual cc file will not allow me to start the game when I do that and I doubt all of the cc I've reinstalled (which I had played with perfectly fine before) is broken.

Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ilyharuhi 

You can only use the Mods folder the game creates when you started it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (202 Views)

@ilyharuhi  If you stored your custom content on an external drive or USB stick while you were uninstalling and reinstalling the game, it's possible the files have become damaged.  A quick test is to download a new copy of one item you normally use and see whether it works.  And yes, the files need to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods for the game to read them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help