Re: Can't fish in pond

by SimTresa

Original Post

Can't fish in pond

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

They are not visible and I'm not able to fish them.

2021-07-22 12_47_00-The Sims™ 4.png

2021-07-22 12_47_50-The Sims™ 4.png

[EDIT] You need to place the sign in a deeper area. Solved.

Message 1 of 11 (16,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ctamarti since you solved this and I'm not sure if the other user had the same issue, I'm moving your post to general discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (16,131 Views)

★ Novice

The sims can’t fish. I’ve tried making the pond as deep as it can be and stocking it multiple times. Still sims can’t fish. Doesn’t anyone have any recommendations as to what I should change?

Message 3 of 11 (15,629 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MissChillPill 

From one screenshot it appears that there are nowhere your sim can stand close to the water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (15,623 Views)

★ Novice

Issue fixed. Thank you!

Message 5 of 11 (15,610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PS4 player. I still can’t fish from a homemade pond. I made it super deep, I put the sign all throughout the pond, from the shore to the part where the sign just plunged into darkness, and I specifically left a spot open for room. Did I not leave enough room? As my pond is not that big, do ponds have to have a specific amount of area before they can be fished or is it depth related?

Also, maybe related, whenever I enter build mode to move the sign and then go back into live, I can no longer even try to stock fish. The cursor just doesn’t go to the check mark. I had to restart my game to stock the fish and then it still wouldn’t let me fish! A little frustrating

Message 6 of 11 (13,805 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@chainedfates 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 11 (13,788 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen as I said I’m on PS4… I don’t have access to those. Thanks though.
Message 8 of 11 (13,782 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@chainedfates 

Sorry, you threw me off by posting in a PC thread. You may get better help in the Console technical forum.

Message 9 of 11 (13,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hmm, maybe I should have another look at my pond, too. It's basically at the bottom of a slope, so might not have as much flat area around it as I thought. though they have no trouble wading and searching for frogs. 

Turns out, the ground was the issue. The nearest flat terrain was either two or more squares back from the  pond or on the far side, where my sims couldn't reach. I flatted an area right around the fishing sign, and now fishing works!

Message 10 of 11 (13,409 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help