Re: Can't find urn of my played sim who died whilst I was playing another family

by JonaO703

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't find urn of my played sim who died whilst I was playing another family.

★★ Guide

One of my sims from a played family froze to death and I want to be able to find his urn/ gravestone and keep it with the family, but I have no idea how to find it.

Message 1 of 11 (62,345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't find urn of my played sim who died whilst I was playing another family

Champion

@SianAF148 Hello!  I've had this happen a couple of times and it's really aggravating.  A couple of times the sim died while I was playing a different household and I was able to find the urns by going into their home lot.  One was by the front door, the other was by another sim's urn.  So if your sim died while playing another household, maybe try looking around their home lot for the urn or in their household inventory as @jpkarlsen suggested. 

If you're on PC or Mac and don't mind using the MCCC mod, then here are the steps I took when I couldn't find an urn (these are based on the most recent public version of MCCC)

1- Play a sim who has a relationship with the ghost sim for whom you want the urn

2- Go to the relationship panel, click on the ghost, choose the MCCC option -> Sim Commands -> Maintain Sim -> Revive Sim

3- Invite the newly revived sim to hangout, then when they show up use the friendly interaction "Ask to Join Household" (they should maintain all relationships)

4- Once the newly revived sim is back in the household and on the lot, click on that sim, choose the MCCC option -> Sim Commands -> Maintain Sim -> Kill Sim (choose type of death from the list)

That last step seems a bit harsh but at least you'll have the urn.  Or maybe you just want your sim back, then you could just stop at step 2 or 3. :-)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (62,255 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@SianAF148 

If he died off home lot there will be none. Otherwise check household inventory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (62,340 Views)

★★ Guide

I think he died off lot☹ is there any way to create one? Like add the ghost to the family and get the debug urn/grave from hidden objects? I can't remember where I saw it but someone said they got the ghost to possess the urn or something and then it became their actual grave

Message 3 of 11 (62,292 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SianAF148 

You can get a Tombstone/Urn from debug items in Build/Buy but it will have no relation to the deceased sim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (62,280 Views)

Champion

@SianAF148 Hello!  I've had this happen a couple of times and it's really aggravating.  A couple of times the sim died while I was playing a different household and I was able to find the urns by going into their home lot.  One was by the front door, the other was by another sim's urn.  So if your sim died while playing another household, maybe try looking around their home lot for the urn or in their household inventory as @jpkarlsen suggested. 

If you're on PC or Mac and don't mind using the MCCC mod, then here are the steps I took when I couldn't find an urn (these are based on the most recent public version of MCCC)

1- Play a sim who has a relationship with the ghost sim for whom you want the urn

2- Go to the relationship panel, click on the ghost, choose the MCCC option -> Sim Commands -> Maintain Sim -> Revive Sim

3- Invite the newly revived sim to hangout, then when they show up use the friendly interaction "Ask to Join Household" (they should maintain all relationships)

4- Once the newly revived sim is back in the household and on the lot, click on that sim, choose the MCCC option -> Sim Commands -> Maintain Sim -> Kill Sim (choose type of death from the list)

That last step seems a bit harsh but at least you'll have the urn.  Or maybe you just want your sim back, then you could just stop at step 2 or 3. :-)

Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 11 (62,256 Views)

★★ Guide

I've never used this side of MCCC before.

I did it and it didn't seem to work. My sim just poofed out of existence again. They were in the family and at home.

And now I'm wondering if the game is THAT sensitive that it won't spawn a grave because the sim is on the path and technically not on the active lot???

Message 6 of 11 (62,221 Views)

Champion

@SianAF148 Just to be sure I understand, you mean you went through the process I mentioned and they disappeared immediately after adding the sim to the household or you used the "kill" command and they disappeared?  If you used the "kill" command when the sim wasn't completely on the lot, then it's possible that's why the urn didn't show up.  Perhaps try it again and maybe bring the sim into the house before killing them again.  (Gosh this sounds so morbid. lol)

Happy Simming!

Message 7 of 11 (62,217 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah I did it all except the sim was on the path (the path that isn't part of the lot) so I just did it again after making them walk into the house. An interesting turn of events is that one of his teenage daughters is now good friends with the Grim Reaper 🤣

Message 8 of 11 (62,191 Views)

Champion

@SianAF148 haha  I think it's hilarious when my sims interact with Grim! lol  

So did it work when you had the sim go into the house?  Were you able to get the urn?

Happy Simming!

Message 9 of 11 (62,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yeah I did. Got the urn and now it's in their back garden. I didn't want to revive him because I don't want to interfere too much with how things go. I just wanted to revive him to get the urn

Message 10 of 11 (62,176 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help