[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Cottage living doesn't work

Hero
@MichGray Unfortunately it's against EA rules to provide the files here. You can contact support if they can help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1031 of 1,152 (1,328 Views)

Blanks in Game Options, interactions and phone calls

★★★ Newbie

I have an error in the Game Options - there is now a blank box under "Tutorials and Tips" and I can see what's in the picture. There are also blank interactions options when talking to other sims and phone calls will come up with blank messages and blank options - I presume this is related! It appeared after a recent update and I have removed any mods. Any advice?

Message 1032 of 1,152 (1,274 Views)

Re: Blanks in Game Options, interactions and phone calls

Hero
@hollylown I merged your post with the main thread on this. Could you try all the suggestions on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1033 of 1,152 (1,259 Views)

Re: Cottage living doesn't work

★★ Novice
@crinrict Hello! I have contacted EA to try and get help regarding this issue - each time a new EA advisor responds to my query, and they all keep requesting the same information, screenshots, files etc, without actually HELPING me - I am so frustrated at this point that I am about ready to quit Sims permanently! EA's customer aftercare in solving (serious!!) glitches leaves much to be desired these days, and they basically want to just about see every single file on my computer and still don't offer any workable assistance in fixing my problem, when all I requested was that they send me the language files I need! And as evidenced by the post of the user above, the bug which is ruining gameplay for me, is becoming more common - clearly there is a serious error regarding the updating of language game files when new packs/updates are released!
Message 1034 of 1,152 (1,236 Views)

[MWS] My Wedding Stories no text or titles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, perfect patio, and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to plan any wedding event, or build with the new pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is not text for any wedding event, any interaction, any moodlet, or any of the build/buy items.
What do you expect to see? The titles of items and text in the interactions and moodlets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed My Wedding Stories and the patch from 2.23 came through.

Okay. I've read through everything and haven't seen this anywhere.

I bought and downloaded My Wedding Stories yesterday, thrilled to throw a Wedding. It turns out for everything related to the pack there is no text at all in my game. All the items are just titled *debug* and all the interactions are just blank bubbles. I managed to get my sims married, but I would really like to play in a way that I can actually know what I'm clicking on! 

Message 1035 of 1,152 (1,201 Views)

Re: [MWS] My Wedding Stories no text or titles

Hero
@Rambling_Rose314 I merged your thread with the main thread on the issue.

This happens if your string file isn't properly installed.

Please try the suggestions in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1036 of 1,152 (1,157 Views)

BUG: Wedding Stories-All related text missing

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: get to work, get together, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, snowy escape, cottage living Game packs: spay day, dine out, parenthood, dream home decorator, wedding stories Stuff packs: nifty knitting, tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, toddlers, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have wedding stories installed
What happens when the bug occurs? I can see no text for anything related to wedding stories. For chat features, I see a blank text box, for names it is just blank, for items I see "debug" and no written description, for the wedding features, there is no text.
What do you expect to see? Text.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Wedding Stories

I can see no text for anything related to wedding stories. For chat features, I see a blank text box, for names it is just blank, for items I see "debug" and no written description, for the wedding features, there is no text. I also cannot invite anyone to any wedding-like event.

Message 1037 of 1,152 (1,155 Views)

Re: BUG: Wedding Stories-All related text missing

Hero
@florazboraz I merged your thread with the main thread on the issue.

This happens if your string file isn't properly installed.

Please try the suggestions in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1038 of 1,152 (1,095 Views)

Re: BUG: Wedding Stories-All related text missing

★ Novice

Thank you so much! This fixed all of my problems so far. I first repaired my game, changed the language, changed the language back to English, repaired the game again (just in case) and I have all written text and can invite people to social events again.

Message 1039 of 1,152 (1,065 Views)

New items from Wedding pack all named debug

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except Starwars, all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install the latest game pack with the app not Origin
What happens when the bug occurs? All names of new items are *debug*. Gamepack does not have name. Also missing lots of text when friends call for example.
What do you expect to see? Names of the the items
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed latest game pack

IMG_7877.JPG

Message 1040 of 1,152 (1,058 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help