Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by 6lz1s3gr5qos

Original Post

Re: Bug on moon cycle and scenarios

Hero

@onxthan EA App now actually does have a repair function. Just click on the three dots on the game icon and the option should be there.

Bild_2022-06-15_082643504.png

Did you use EA App to update the game ? Just want to be sure it's still occurring with the EA App-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1071 of 1,152 (3,114 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I don't know if the feedback about it is still useful, but here it is nonetheless :

I had blank text issues since the werewolf update (I took a screenshot but can't add it to my post since its too big and I don't know how to size it down sorry). Basically, all the informations on the bottom of the screen, left and right as well as the top right corner of the screen were blank, same for the icons although some of them were there. It was just all very bizarre and looked "foggy".

My tries to fix it :

1. I took out my mods folder

2. I repaired the game from the origins platform - Didn't work.

2. 2. I tried to play without my mod folder - didn't work.

2.3 I followed the method 2 - Mac users version in the post here - it worked ! 

thanks a lot Crinrict ! 

Good Simming to all Standard smile

Message 1072 of 1,152 (2,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same thing happened with highschool years for me

Message 1073 of 1,152 (1,931 Views)

@feralghost1  Do you play through Steam?  If so, please use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/STEAM-HSY-missing-String-files/m-p/11673840#M222002

Otherwise, please try the troubleshooting suggestions in the first post on page one in this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1074 of 1,152 (1,924 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If you're experiencing missing text with the High School Years DLC, and are unable to fix it through previous troubleshooting, you can try to place the appropriate string file for the language that you want into the proper folder.

For Origin:
\Origin Games\The Sims 4\EP12\

For EA App:
\EA Games\The Sims 4\EP12\

For Steam:
\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 4\EP12\

I've placed string files for the High School Years DLC here if you need them:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxbRBU3iXGRgULJ6fTUH35E0yqv?e=6kZeKM

In the meantime, the team is still investigating this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 1075 of 1,152 (33,471 Views)

Missing text

★★ Novice

After downloading the high school pack there is a bunch of text mising in game. I can open the social bunny app on the phone or computer, and the window til pop up with no texts. There are some actions that where the bubble is empty, and if its clicked nothing happens. '

Messages are also missing text, for example i asked a sim to prom, an empty message popped up so i didnt know what the sim  answered.

Also my teenage sim wont go to cheer practice after school, and i cant click on anything to make her go.

I have my game through origin, i have no mods or CC and ive tried both updating and fixing the game.

Message 1076 of 1,152 (1,866 Views)

Re: Missing text

Hero
@FreezerSimmer I merged your post with the main thread. You can either try the suggestions on the first post or use the files provided by Robo above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1077 of 1,152 (1,855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm having the same issue, I've tried changing the language on Origin, I tried removing ALL mods only to discover that without them, the game wouldn't even start (it gave me an error message but I forgot to take a screenshot of that)! I then downloaded the string, as suggested here, and changed that as well in the Delta>EP12 section, now it starts without mods BUT the issue still remains.
I honestly don't know what to do anymore...
2022-08-08_03-37-24-401_[oakiyo] CAS Preset V2.png
2022-08-08_03-37-24-401_[oakiyo] CAS Preset V2.png

Message 1078 of 1,152 (1,782 Views)

Hero
@LaPond that doesn't look like EP12 is the issue though

Do you have a string file for the base game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1079 of 1,152 (1,748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Last pack was the issue since I had no issues before that, the fact that the game only the three basegame towns was part of it (I've all packs etc. :S). I managed to solve the problem by deleting and re-installing the game.
I still have no idea why this happened :\

Message 1080 of 1,152 (1,729 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help