Re: Likes and dislikes dont have titles

by Knazysauce

Original Post

Likes and dislikes dont have titles

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.78.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? It was here even before i had any, its been here since the update added the likes and dislikes features.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, if you click on the likes and dislikes button. Also some times a pop up will apear while playing and when you click on another sim on some of the actions.
What happens when the bug occurs? The likes and dislikes titles dont show and the icons for like or dislike beneath the thing are just blurry masses that look like nothing. There should aslo be titles for certain actions that just dont show when clicking on them. When a pop up apears there are just "yes" and "no" buttons but no writing to know what we say yes or no to.
What do you expect to see? The titles and icons to know what the likes and dislikes are and what the actions areé
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did not make the change. This has been here ever since the update that added likes and dislikes.

I've tried uninstalling things, resetting my game, repairing it and nothing works.

Message 991 of 1,152 (3,517 Views)

Hero
@M1m1e2001 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

The problem is missing string files

Could you try all the suggestions on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 992 of 1,152 (3,503 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to say that I just had this problem but I managed to fix it by installing Origin (since I had the EA Desktop app and I have no idea how to do the repair/change language steps on that app) and I repaired my game and then the game was in Swedish (since I'm from Sweden but prefer to play in English) so I then followed the steps to change the language back to English and now it works fine. Just wanted to post this as a confirmation that this indeed is a problem atm but fixable with a few steps. Although I'm curious how the way to fix it is on the new EA Desktop. Thought that might be worth mentioning. Thank you for this post tho.

Excuse my naked, bald sim in the screenshot as I removed all my mods and CC to first see if that was the issue, it wasn't.

Message 993 of 1,152 (3,460 Views)

sims 4 spa day text

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to work, Get together, City Living, Cats and dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living. Gamepacks: Outdoor retreat, Spa day, Dine out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle adventure, Strangerville, Realm of magic, Journey to Batuu, Dream home decorator. Stuffpacks: Luxary party, Perfect patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Romantic garden, Kids room, Backyard, Vintage glamour, Bowling night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry day, My first pet, Tiny living, Nifty knitting, Paranormal. Kits: Bust the dust, Country kitchen, Courtyard Oasis, Industrial Loft.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In my game, no matter if I choose a new save or an old save, both the new items from the Spa Day refresh, and the new items from Industrial Loft, are unnamed. In The Industrial Loft kit, they are all named **DEBUG**, while in Spa day it is just blank. I am not sure how to recreate the bug on another computer. I have the game fully updated, and repared. I have no mods or cc installed whatsoever, and it still occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I hover over any trait or aspirations from the new Spa day refresh, it gives me no text. When I hover over any items from the Spa day refresh, it gives me no text. When I hover over any items from the industrial kits, they are all named **DEBUG**
What do you expect to see? I expect to see them named correctly, with the correct descriptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

To answer the last question, "Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?", it obviously has been that way since I bought the industrial loft kit. I thought the update would fix it, but alas it did not.

Message 994 of 1,152 (3,467 Views)

Re: sims 4 spa day text

Hero
@sandrakinu I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Please try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 995 of 1,152 (3,437 Views)

high maintenance trait and wellness aspiration do not have their titles

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? the newest one: 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except batuu, courtyard oasis and bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start a new game, open cas. select traits and go to high maintenance. instead of that trait being labelled 'high maintenance' it will just be blank. same for the wellness aspiration. go select and aspiration for your sims and you'll find that its just blank i.e. with no label.
What happens when the bug occurs? there are no names/labels on the high maintenance trait or he wellness aspiration
What do you expect to see? i want to see the names on the trait and aspiration back
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the newest patch had this issue

i have nothing extra to add really, the bug is straightforward. 

Message 996 of 1,152 (3,445 Views)

Re: high maintenance trait and wellness aspiration do not have their titles

Hero
@malaikaag Is this the only labels you're missing from the spa refresh ?

Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 997 of 1,152 (3,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I solved the problem last week by changing the language of my Origin on my computer. Now its works just fine. Thank you!

Message 998 of 1,152 (3,339 Views)

Scenarios options and text invisible

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats And Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm Of Magic, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Country Kitchen Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Appears on menu upon game startup
What happens when the bug occurs? The button under "New Game" and "Load Game" is blank, and clicking on it reveals icons for what I presume are supposed to be the new Scenarios available; however, there's no text visible and the selections within each Scenario are blank as well. When blindly selecting a Scenario through a new save, there box in Create-A-Sim where the requirements should be are blank as well.
What do you expect to see? The Scenarios button should be visible, I should be able to read descriptions of the available Scenarios, and I should be able to select between a new or pre-existing save to play the scenario through with no trouble. Requirements for each Scenario should be visible within Create-A-Sim and during gameplay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Occurred after downloading patch 1.81.72.1030 on 11/3/2021.

In case it's relevant: at first, the update wouldn't finish, and was stuck on "download complete". I had to clear the cache from EA Desktop in order to actually download the update successfully. I've cleared the cache again and restarted my computer, but no dice. I'm worried I might have to reinstall, but I'd like to explore all of my options before it gets to that.

Link to video here 

Message 999 of 1,152 (3,209 Views)

Re: Scenarios options and text invisible

★★★ Newbie
@dresslikekermit Having the exact same issue! Thought it was just me. A fix ASAP would be great EA!
Message 1000 of 1,152 (3,159 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help