CAS duplicated blonde hair bug?

by explodo0

Original Post

CAS duplicated blonde hair bug?

★★★ Newbie

I actually have no idea what's going on here. I have the original black hairstyles and then these appeared at some point when I started downloading cc hair. Anyone know how to fix it?

Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: CAS duplicated blonde hair bug?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@explodo0 I don't use CC, so I'm not sure what is odd to you about what you're seeing in CAS in the screenshot, but the wrenches just show that it is CC, and I assume the expanded color choices &/or options are part of the CC? Did you look up information about what the CC is supposed to appear like in CAS? Is it possible that the CC has the blond hair color as the default color for those styles for some reason - or that it's glitching... did you try selecting another color of hair to see how it behaves - or leaving then re-entering to see if it behaves differently?

It's also possible that one or more of your CC's (or Mod/s) is causing whatever changes you are not expecting in CAS as a conflict (if they are not behaving as they are supposed to). Did you try removing the CC/Mods and the cache file to test for which is causing the issue you are not expecting? You can test them as follows (click spoiler tag for directions):

Spoiler
Try moving the Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. You can test without saving in order to identify which CC/Mods are causing the issue, then remove or add updated version(s) of the Mod/CC causing the issue.

If that does not clear up the issue you can also try a game repair as follows:

Spoiler
How to run a game repair:
• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
• Let it run until it has completed all repairs. It will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and Kits).
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: CAS duplicated blonde hair bug?

★★★ Expert

@explodo0 

I think it depends on how the CC files were created. For example, if the mod creator used Sims 4 Studio to create the CC recolors, then they would have had an option to either 1) Add a CAS part swatch that would show up in CAS as additional CC swatches to the original Maxis thumbnail, or 2) Create a CAS Standalone that was based on the Maxis hairstyle, but has its own thumbnail in CAS. Sims 4 Studio is not an official EA product, it is a program that was created by Sims players. As far as I know, if the mod creator used the second method, then there is no easy way to fix it.

The easiest option would be to find new CC recolors that were created as additional CAS part swatches rather than as stand-alones, and use those instead.

Another option would be to use Sims 4 Studio to create your own "Add CAS Part Swatch" files that are based on the old CC stand-alone files, but this is getting pretty far outside of the Sims 4 game itself, and more of a topic on Sims 4 Studio. If this is something you'd be interested in researching further, do an Internet search for Sims 4 Studio and find their website. They have some excellent tutorials on how to create your own CC recolors.

sims 4 studio.JPG

Message 3 of 3 (216 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help