[By Design] Life span duration changed for teen and adult sim

by Squallri88

Original Post

Current (normal) life stage extended when update installed

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except highschool, modern weddings, luxury party and several kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? look at the number of days a sim - who was in game at the time of the last big update - has remaining until their next age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? sims have extra days added to their current life stage. unclear if the extra days are added to their next life stage after they age up.
What do you expect to see? sims to have a "normal" number of days remaining until their next life stage - i.e. teens should have 14 days or less
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after the curved walls update

After the last big update - the one that added curved walls - i went into my game and saw that all of my sims had their current life stages extended. For example, my teen who had like 10 days left until young adult, now has 20 days until young adult (which is odd given the typical life stage length for teens is 14 days). I play on normal life span. I did create a new save file after the update because i didn't want all my elders to die with the issue they were fixing and the new save file seems fine. I have not played with my usual save file since the update. The update released on Aug 2 did not fix this. i have some very limited cc and no mods. my cc was deactivated when the update was installed. I've attached a screen shot showing me hovering on my teen sims bar and it says 18 days until age up.

The lot i'm checking has never had cc used on it and i removed my cc and it still shows as 18 days.

Message 31 of 44 (2,848 Views)

Re: Life span duration changed for teen and adult sim

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick Can you tell us the new lifespan lengths for each lifespan (short, normal, and long)? Definitely would appreciate it.
Message 32 of 44 (2,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I did some testing. This is nothing official though and I'm unable to test baby and toddlers, nor do I know the new average for elders. Someone with access to the tuning files probably knows more. I currently don't have time to check on that

I tested like this:

• Created new family with a Sim in each age group
  • Added them to a new save.
  • Since random days are added that way, I cheated satisfaction point and used the age potion to age them back to 0 days in their group
  • The toddler refused to drink the potion (which I can understand, they want to be all grown up)

Results

Long

Child: 52

Teen: 52

YA: 88

Adult: 88

Normal

Child: 13

Teen: 21

YA: 24

Adult: 33

Short

Child: 7

Teen: 7

YA: 11

Adult: 11

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 44 (2,623 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Was this listed in the patch notes? If a change like this was made, I would have assumed it would be listed somewhere more official. Since I thought this was a bug and only found out it wasn't when I ended up here.

Message 34 of 44 (2,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruNick I got it to yesterday when I was on my not so berry save and werewolf save
Message 35 of 44 (2,262 Views)

★ Guide

What about elders? I think they had 6 days before death before on short but it might have been less. I really can't remember. What is it now?

Message 36 of 44 (2,159 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Amalathea 

There are several things that influence elders such as fitness and completing certain aspirations so an accurate number of days can not be given.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 37 of 44 (2,139 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick Do you know why they changed normal and didn't keep short and long proportional to what they were before? In the past short was half of normal and long was 4x normal. With the changes they aren't anymore. Teen and adult were only increased for normal lifespan. They didn't change on short. On long, teen is the same as before and adult (and young adult) are shorter than before. I can understand why teen and adult were changed on normal to accommodate the High School Years pack, I don't understand why those changes wouldn't be applied to short and long and keep the same proportion. How it was before seems more logical to me. 

Just as an FYI, I went in and got the new lengths after the change vs what it was before (which I got from Carl's Sims Guide) for toddler through adult. This is just me checking sims in my game who hadn't been played with. 

No description available.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 38 of 44 (1,984 Views)

★ Guide

I am asking for a default. No modifiers.

If I gave birth & then baked a cake & Aged up a sim from baby -> toddler -> child-> teen -> young adult -> adult -> elder how many days would the elder have to live?

Message 39 of 44 (1,789 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What about elders?

Message 40 of 44 (1,636 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help