[By Design] Life span duration changed for teen and adult sim

by Squallri88

Original Post

Re: All sims in household age up after accessing CAS

Hero
@cornflake89 Yes I understand that. It's the wrong length but you said in your initial post that they always start at the beginning of their age every time you load the game. Is that also happening on the new game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 44 (1,374 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I will have to play for a while to find that out, I will get back to you when I have more information. Thank you for assisting.
Message 11 of 44 (1,361 Views)

Hero
@cornflake89 Your issue might be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Aging-Settings-Broken/td-p/11668082/jump-to/first-unread-messa... ? I don't know if there's more than one bug or if it's all connected but yours def sounds different from the long lifespan issue posted here.

I'm pretty tired so I need to call it a night. I'll check some more in the morning.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 44 (1,358 Views)

Re: Life span duration changed for teen and adult sim

Hero

@Squallri88 

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

@cornflake89 I moved your posts over here. It sounds more closely to what you are seeing then the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 44 (1,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The aging changed to fit the new pack. It’s not a bug. HS is 3 weeks long.
Message 15 of 44 (1,004 Views)

Hero
@EisQueenTia Thanks for confirming.

OP said adult changed too though ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 44 (1,001 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I had to do the workaround so I can’t confirm it right now but I will start a new save to see if the adults are effected as well.
Message 17 of 44 (994 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@cornflake89 So over a 3 day period sims aged 3 days except Mortimer who only aged 2 days but he became a proper celebrity as did Cassandra, despite fame being turned off. At this point I'm done with the game until we get a fix. Thanks for all the advice and for helping.
Message 18 of 44 (967 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I just checked and it changed as well. I think it has to do with the new pack gameplay. I aged up the test sim I used with a cake and checked the lifespan — 33 days until Elder.
Message 19 of 44 (952 Views)

Hero
@cornflake89 The fame issue should only be a display issue. They aren't really famous, just showing as such.

So no more resetting then. That's good. As mention, the change in age span seems an intended one (and is probably the cause for all the aging havoc)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 44 (936 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help