Re: Life span duration changed for teen and adult sim

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

★★ Novice

My sims also have this issue now!  

I couldn't figure our if it was a bug or a change!

Sims have 33 days of adulthood (I haven't played a teen yet)

No mods or cc.  

Vanilla game and save

Message 21 of 44 (11,072 Views)

The life stages on Normal lifespan are longer than they were prior to update?

★★★★★ Novice

Not sure if this is by design but I have always played on normal length lifespan, never had any mods or cc in my game, but for some reason I noticed the life stages of my current household are longer than they used to be.  For example, I have a teenager who is going to be a teenager for 21 days, previously 14...adults who both are going to be adults for 33 days previously 24...  

Message 22 of 44 (11,029 Views)

Re: The life stages on Normal lifespan are longer than they were prior to update

★★ Novice

I am also coming to say adults now have 33 in my game play.  I have not played a teen but it sounds like this is a thing..

Is this a purposeful change or a bug???

Thank you

Message 23 of 44 (11,022 Views)

Re: The life stages on Normal lifespan are longer than they were prior to update

Hero
@Asherbean13 I think it's a design choice but I haven't seen any confirmation.

Someone in this thread said it's because high school is longer now. Not sure why adults would change though. Maybe to make it overall fit again ? No idea.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 44 (11,015 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem in my game, however I don't have the problem with life stage reset to the beginning. I only play on normal lifespan with some cc. I do rotational play and keep tab of all my sims' ages on a spreadsheet. I test loaded a few households with different life stages, only the teen and adult sims have extra days added to their lifespan. For example, in the Lothario family, my teen was supposed to have 9 days before aging up to young adult, now he has 16 days left (with 7 days added). My adult was supposed to have 22 days before aging to elder, now she has 31 days left (with 9 days added). The extra days seem to be correlated to the exact number of days added to these life stages (7 days for teen and 9 days for adult). Hope my explanation makes sense. 

Message 25 of 44 (10,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My teen sims on normal age span says she’s on 5/8 days even tho she’s started with 13 day

Message 26 of 44 (10,907 Views)

Teen, Young Adult and Adult Life Stages Longer after Patch

[ Edited ]

After the High School Years patch, the teen, young adult and adult life stages are now longer than they were previously (on normal life span). Teen has gone from 13 days on normal lifespan to 21 days, Young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days and adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days.

I would like to know if these changes are intentional or a bug.

Not sure if the elder stage has got longer or not as that is harder to determine. Would require seeing if a sim lives longer than 10 days after becoming an elder. Child stage still seems to be the same (13) days and toddler stage seems to be the same (7 days).

Note that this is with no mods or CC installed.

Message 27 of 44 (10,873 Views)

The increases in life stage length (teens from 13 days to 21, YA from 21 to 24, adult from 24 to 33) have now been confirmed to be by design by an EA representative over on the sims forums.

Message 28 of 44 (10,826 Views)

Sims have added days to each life stage on normal lifespan

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing a sim on normal lifespan, and checking how many days they have left of their lifespan. Their lifespan is longer than expected.
What happens when the bug occurs? Playing on normal lifespan, when going to check the individual sim's lifespan, they have more than expected days left. Eg. a teen might have 17 days left (as opposed to maybe 10. if they are a few days into teen years), and an adult exactly halfway through adulthood (judging by the bar) have 17 days left till age-up (as opposed to 12)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the standard lifespan length (on normal lifespan) - 24 days for adults (minus the days they have already lived in adulthood), 14 days for teens and so on. Instead each life stage is longer than it should be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that came out around the same time as High School Years.

Margaret (adult) and Douglas (teen) have more days left than they should have. 

lifespan_Margaret.pnglifespan_Douglas.png

Message 29 of 44 (10,764 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

This was an intentional change, all age spans were changed slightly.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 44 (14,067 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help