by aidreaurel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buying produce as only option in Cafeteria Bar? & other Copperdale stalls [HSY]

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all the packs but Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to buy something in the school cafeteria bar or in the food stall in the pier.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only shows “Buy Produce…” or “Haggle” as options.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see other options as “Order Food…” or “Order Drink…” like the Seasons' Food Stalls or the Cafeteria Bar in Discover University. Produce make little to no sense in said Copperdale's food stalls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I really don't know if this is expected behavior or dev design choices on the food stalls in Copperdale but for me looks like a bug. So here are some photos I take as proof.

First the Cafeteria Bar in Copperdale's high school:

Cafeteria Pie Menu

Here is the produce menu:Produce menu in Cafeteria bar

Something similar happens in the Pier food stall, I don't know what is expected to be sell there, but fruits and veggies doesn't seem like it:

Pier Food Stall Pie Menu

Produce Menu in the Pier Food Stall

As a clear contrast, in said Pier it's where the random Seasons' Food Stall is placed and just out of curiosity decide to compare, everything seems as expected, the usual “Order Food…” or “Order Drink…” appears instead of “Buy Produce…”:

Spring's Food Stall Pie Menu

Spring's Food Stall Food Menu

So I don't know about you but something seems odd, the Bubble Tea Bar works fine. I realice there are new food (and I mean food, not just drinks) by ordering them in the Bubble Tea Bar and I expected some of the new food being offer in the Cafeteria Bar. But apparently it's just apples and carrots.

xo. Aidre.

Message 1 of 11 (2,457 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buying produce as only option in Cafeteria Bar? & other Copperdale stall

Hero

Hi  @aidreaurel 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,405 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi  @aidreaurel 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I did what you said and it kind of works, unfortunately appears to be something with the save itself. I'm going to keep testing and see if it keeps working or not with the new saves or while using mods.
Message 3 of 11 (2,388 Views)

Hero
@aidreaurel This user had a similar issue with a mod: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/can-t-get-food-in-lunch-room/td-p/11675193/jump-to/...

Have you been using that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,375 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue.  I have taken everything out and ran the game vanilla and it still happens.  Repaired the game and everything.  This is sooooo annoying.

Message 5 of 11 (2,234 Views)

Hero
@hparoon98 Does it also happen on a new save or limited to the current one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,211 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I took everything out and ran my game Vanilla new save, same issue.  
Then I repaired the game with nothing in the MODS folder, opened a new save and still same issue.

Message 7 of 11 (2,170 Views)

Hero
@hparoon98 To be absolutely sure: You also delete localthumbcache file ? Like you did the method above or did you move the mods folder only to the desktop ?

I haven't come cross this in my own game and in the past it was always some mod still active.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (2,161 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I did that as well

Message 9 of 11 (2,128 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's happening in Strangerville, too, at the Curio Shop. Which means I can't buy the Incomplete Hazmat Suit and can't complete the storyline. :/

Message 10 of 11 (1,177 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help