Bee hive and game cannot make up its mind

by RavenLure

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bee hive and game cannot make up its mind

★★★ Guide

The issue is that when I tell  my sim to put on the beekeeper suite I get alot of random outfits as seen in this picture.

Beekeeper.pngPlease read..... I DID take out my mods and CC and all worked well.. So I added stuff back in and tested each time.. I put all of them in.... and it was fine.......she wore the beekeeper outfit... but then I logged out and back in and this is what I get in the picture.. She does not even have that outfit in saved and each time it is a different outfit... she dresses like a townie.   Not sure what is going on. I tried to reset the  beebox and that does not work.. there is no bee keeper outfit in CAS that I can just set it.. this is frustrating. and embarrasing dressing like a townie.

Message 1 of 10 (445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bee hive and game cannot make up its mind

Champion

@RavenLure  It sounds like you did the right steps, with the exception of deleting the localthumbcache.package file.  So even if you remove your Mods/CC , bits of corrupted data can remain in this file, messing up you game. Raised eyebrow

Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.  This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

Also, did you find any outdated Mods or CC, and if so did you replace them with versions that are compatible to the most recent update?

It also wouldn't hurt to repair your game in Origin

The usual order for all of that is:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.).

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches to see which CC item or Mod is the culprit. (You could have multiple items causing problems.)

But it might just be that you need to delete the localthumbcache.package file in your case.🤞

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (415 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@RavenLure  It sounds like you did the right steps, with the exception of deleting the localthumbcache.package file.  So even if you remove your Mods/CC , bits of corrupted data can remain in this file, messing up you game. Raised eyebrow

Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.  This is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

Also, did you find any outdated Mods or CC, and if so did you replace them with versions that are compatible to the most recent update?

It also wouldn't hurt to repair your game in Origin

The usual order for all of that is:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.).

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method, working in batches to see which CC item or Mod is the culprit. (You could have multiple items causing problems.)

But it might just be that you need to delete the localthumbcache.package file in your case.🤞

Please update us on your situation! Angel

Message 2 of 10 (416 Views)

★★★ Guide

Tentative update.. Short answer it is working again and I will hope it will continue to work.. Give it a day or so and I will report back when I have tested it a bit more. Fingers crossed

Message 3 of 10 (406 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure , thanks for the initial update! Party hat  I look forward to find out if this continues to work after a day or so! 🤞

Message 4 of 10 (401 Views)

Hero

@RavenLure 

There is a beekeeper uniform that goes with the hat in CAS.  But you don't have to have it set as one of outfits for a sim.  It will be used whenever you click the option on the beehive and I believe it is a situational outfit in that case.  Not sure as I've never looked at it closely.  Since it was fine with no CC in the game when you tested, my guess is that you've got at least one CC clothing item that might be interfering with it from time to time.  I use CC and it's never happened for me.  Always get the right outfit when I use the beehive option. 

So, I suggest you take a look at your CC in S4S and check it to see if you've got something set for situational and random.  If you find any, change it so it won't be used that way.  S4S has a batch fix for random but not situational and those will have to be changed one at the time.  If you do use the batch fix, make sure that default replacements are not included as those will break.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 10 (392 Views)

Champion

@CGrant56 , thank you for your input! 😇 Hopefully that will help @RavenLure if my suggestions don't do the trick! 🤞

Message 6 of 10 (361 Views)

★★★ Guide
@CGrant56 I think that it is fixed but I was not able to find the outfit in CAS,
Message 7 of 10 (345 Views)

Champion

@RavenLure , did something specific that was suggested by me or @CGrant56 help you?  Please press "Accept as Solution"  on the post that was most helpful  so people in the future with this problem can solve it too! Angel If it was a combination of posts that were helpful, you can also put in a reply what all was helpful! 🙂

I'm glad your game seems to be working again! Party hat

Message 8 of 10 (323 Views)

Hero

@RavenLure 

The beekeeper outfit is under Costumes.  Looks like this:

Beekeeper.jpg

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 10 (304 Views)

★★★ Guide
@CGrant56 Oh ok.. it looks like garage overalls LOLOL no wonder I passed it up LOL thank you!
Message 10 of 10 (295 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help