Paintings and Photographs Being Marked as Modded

by bailz108

Original Post

Re: Paintings Incorrectly Tagged as CC

Hero
@Ender_mBind Pretty sure it's a bug as it was patched before and then came back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 60 (1,454 Views)

Re: Paintings Incorrectly Tagged as CC

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Since 2017 I never had the game behave differently, hence I gathered that was it.
Message 22 of 60 (1,438 Views)
Highlighted

Paintings and Photographs Being Marked as Modded

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Together, Island Living, Snowy Escape, Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Vampires, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a photo or paint something (in game, not photos of custom content) and try to save the lot; it gets marked as CC.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to take a photo or paint from reference something that is in-game. When I place it on my lot it gets marked as CC. Only ONCE I was able to take photos on a fully empty lot, save it to my gallery as a room and it wasn't marked as modded. As soon as I place that room on a lot with a build I'm working on (that isn't previously marked as modded) it gets the mark.
What do you expect to see? I would expect if I take photos of in-game assets and try to place them on my lot that it wouldn't get marked as custom content.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Unmodded room:

Unmodded Room with Photographs

Lot, not marked as modded:

Unmodded Lot

Lot NOW marked as modded, after ONLY adding room from gallery marked as unmodded:

Lot Marked as Modded (after ONLY adding 'unmodded' room to lot

Message 23 of 60 (1,430 Views)

Re: Pics taken by a Sim, Sold on plopsy flagged as CC

★★★ Novice
@crinrict no I haven't posted it on the gallery as yet; I was hoping to figure it out before I posted it as it's a shell challenge (and there's an inside joke with the streamer with regards to spaghetti)
Message 24 of 60 (1,402 Views)

Photos are taken with camera are tagged as Custom content

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, Jungle Adventure, Vapires, Realm Of Magic, Spa Day, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, TinyLiving, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a photo add it to a house. Than save the house in your library and you can see the blue flag.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have photo in my house and game considers that it is a CC.
What do you expect to see? My photos not tagged as CC.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please fix this.

Message 25 of 60 (1,351 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim's Paintings Tagged As Custom Content

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Paintings and Photos By Reference are supposed to get tagged as having CC, this is by design. If anyone is getting stuff tagged as having CC and By Reference wasn't used, it'd be awesome if you could upload the lot to the Gallery and let me know so that we can take a look, thanks so much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 60 (4,579 Views)

★★ Pro
@SimGuruNick "Paintings By Reference are supposed to get tagged as having CC, this is by design."

Why?
Message 27 of 60 (1,340 Views)

Hero
@SimGuruNick Thanks Nick. Guess I remembered something wrong then and it was actual paintings that used to get flagged that got fixed.

Marking this as by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 60 (1,334 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@stjmk There used to be an exploit where players could use By Reference to insert custom pictures (like pictures from the web) and the painting/photo wouldn't get tagged as having CC. I think the trick was that you could take a photo of a photo and the new photo wouldn't get appropriately tagged, something like that. The solution was to make the entire lot/room get auto-tagged as having CC if By Reference was used anywhere on the lot. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 60 (1,328 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruNick

> I think the trick was that you could take a photo of a photo and the new photo wouldn't get appropriately tagged, something like that.

Insert the picture into modded painting frame of needed size. Place it at modded lot. Take the shot and/or make Paint from Reference off it. Place the result at unmodded lot. Voila!

All sims in galleries should be tagged as 'using CC' then. Because they could use 'gallery thumbnail pose mods', you know. Which could be inappropriate, you know.

Won't it be more... user-friendly just to strip such photocards and paintings off lots which are being published at Gallery? And/or upon download/lot placement attempt, as with lamps-for-Sims-3 and unowned DLC content?
Message 30 of 60 (1,277 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help