Re: Ask for candy buff

by Bts152

Original Post

Ask for candy buff

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I don’t know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Nearly all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a spooky party and ask for a treat
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing bad but some of the buffs says ask for candy
What do you expect to see? When I do things, the buffs appear with the original writings
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I can’t remember but it’s not the recent one

Hi!! I have this bug where some of the buffs says ask for candy... this happened when I planned a spooky part and asked for a treat from a guest. I took my mods out and restarted the game but it still happens. Can someone help??

Message 1 of 7 (747 Views)

Hero
@Bts152 Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Did you test on a different save that never had mods in as well ?

Could you post a screenshot of the buff ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I didn’t delete the localthumbache file! I completely forgot but I will do it now and I did test on a different save, i deleted some cc that I thought was creating the problem but it didn’t change

this is a shy trait mod and I did delete at first to see if it was the problem but it wasn’t

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive posts]

Message 3 of 7 (672 Views)

Hero
@Bts152 I don't know all the moodlets in the game but I've never seen this one. I'm guessing it's a mod causing this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (652 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi! I’ve figured out the problem but I’ve got another one that has to do with the sims 3. My sims skin has this weird texture, I’ve deleted the caches but it still looks pixelated 

Message 5 of 7 (521 Views)

Hero
@Bts152 Best to post in the Sims 3 forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/ct-p/the-sims-3-en

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What did you do? I'm having the same problem

Message 7 of 7 (410 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help