Add and remove sentiments

by qessaw

Original Post

Add and remove sentiments

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have a little problem with the new sentiments, they are wrong. I relly think sentiments is a good idea but I need a cheat to add and remove them.

Just a few minutes ago i was happily playing The Sims when my Sim got a new sentiment. I was exited but when i read the sentiment i got both annoyed and confused. My Sim had just broken up and she got some kind of love sentiment for/with her ex. I obviously wanted to remove this sentiment but I can literally find no site that tells me how to do. Can some kind soul tell me what to do and if cheats surrounding sentiments relly doesn't exist i think that it should be added a few. RELLY thankful for help!

Message 1 of 87 (50,288 Views)

Re: Add and remove sentiments

Champion (Retired)

@qessaw 

Just like in real life sentiments you have about others doesn't just vanish overnight. It takes time. When your Sim have no more romantic interactions with the ex it will fade away. To build sentiments to others start doing the things together that will build the wanted sentiment. I do think that some sentiments are too hard to build.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 87 (50,250 Views)

Champion

@qessaw  When you don't want to play with this new feature that was brought into the game with the patchupdate of the 10th of November and is an integral part of Snowy Escape you can turn it of fairly easy!

Start the game you are playing (this option is available per game) and press the three buttons in the top right corner. Now the options menu opens. Go to gameplay and untick the box I marked in purple!. Now Lifestyles and the sentiments will not be played in that game!

Schermafbeelding 2020-11-16 195722.png

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 87 (50,252 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok, you have a point. Pretty writing. I still want a cheat but maybe i don't need one in this case.

Message 4 of 87 (50,257 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you, gonna consider to do this but i still want the Sims to FEEL stuff, if you know what i mean. Standard smile

Message 5 of 87 (50,258 Views)

Champion
@qessaw The Sims will still have romantic feelings, sadness, joy etc. But these won't be so annoying in relation to other sims for a longer period than 48 hours.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 87 (50,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hmm... I don't seem to have this option? I'm looking under the Gameplay tab, beneath the "Build Mode Items Grant Gameplay Effects" checkbox, but the option to turn Sentiments on/off isn't there. My game is patched to the latest version (1.68.156.1020 64-bit), including the latest bug/stability fix.

Do I need to buy Snowy Escape to get the option? I ran the game without any mods or CC included and I still don't have the check-box.

Message 7 of 87 (49,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh my gosh. I really hope eventually there is a cheat or something that can get rid of sentiments. It’s my first day actually playing since the update. I have a mom and a TODDLER. That’s all. Her sentiment towards her daughter was adoring, which is cute right. But then I was teaching the daughter how to say please and thank you and the daughter was throwing a fit about it so they got the - friendship thing. AND NOW THIS MOTHER HAS AN INFURIATING RAGE TOWARDS HER DAUGHTER LIKE ????? Help 

Message 8 of 87 (49,683 Views)

Champion
@hannahjobe Please read the comment I made earlier in this thread. You don't need a cheat. Just untick the box lifestyles in the gameplay options of the game you are playing.

Have fun playing. 😉

Let op:

Message 9 of 87 (49,682 Views)

Champion
@GreaseBones96 The lifestyle option only comes with the new EP 'Snowy Escape'. You probably won't have problems with irrational emotions between your Sims.

Let op:

Message 10 of 87 (49,687 Views)