Re: Add and remove sentiments

by Trismagistos

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I don't think they were saying that they didn't want to play with sentiments, I think they were referring to the random placement of them and wishing for it to be fixed and run properly.

Message 71 of 87 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Guide

Exactly! Toddlers don't have the brains to hold a festering grudge, let's just be realistic here. sentiments shouldn't even be a thing for todds unless it's that they love their mommy and daddy. I get it if a sim is MEAN to them that's another story, but being hurt b/c an adult tried to comfort them is ridiculous!

Message 72 of 87 (1,570 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So Daddy coaches a child in swimming and the child get a moodlet that's impressed. It also reads that this instills a false sense of confidence in the child.  How crazy is that? You can't trust Daddy???

Message 73 of 87 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Guide

This does not appear to still work. 

1. sentiments are not listed as being part of the option and 

2. even when you turn this feature (which says lifestyles) off, I still have lifestyles & sentiments

So how EXACTLY are we supposed to turn sentiments off? my toddlers keep getting grudges against their parents for hugging them.....it's super annoying.

Message 74 of 87 (1,414 Views)

Champion

@MadameNordicaHello!  Unfortunately, there is no option to turn off sentiments.  Disabling lifestyles from the Snowy Escape pack does not disable sentiments which were added to the base game.  Unless we are given an option to disable them (please EA, add this option!), then you can only wait for the sentiments to dissipate on their own or use cheats to remove them.

If you have disabled lifestyles but your sims are still gaining them, there is a somewhat old thread about that here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-SE-Sims-gain-lifestyles-even-when-lifestyles-are/t...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 75 of 87 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Guide
@JonaO703 thank you! Thought I'd gone off my nut!
Message 76 of 87 (1,332 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know the original post is a few years old now, and I'm not sure whether this has been said or not, but you don't need to disable the lot completely. There IS a cheat for removing a single sentiment, both the positive and negative. I had to do this recently as a sentiment was gained that was a glitch and was completely inappropriate. Anyway, the cheats are as follows: 

1. Open up the cheat console (CTRL + Shift + C on PC / L1+R1+L2+R2 on Consoles)

2. Make sure you’ve enabled testingcheats true

3. Type in modifyrelationship firstname lastname firstname2 lastname2 100 (the firstname lastname instances should be replaced with actual Sims names of who you want the Sentiments to be applied to, and after 100 it should be from the list below)

4. Paste the Sentiments cheat code from the list below

To add a sentiment, it's 100, to remove a sentiment, it's -100. For example, it should look something like this: modifyrelationship raj rasoya geeta rasoya 100 sentimentTrack_Adoring_LT_lifesaver

– sentimentTrack_Adoring_LT_lifesaver
– Awed by Lifesaving Hero
– This Sim was saved from the clutches of death by another Sim.

– sentimentTrack_Adoring_ST_generic
– Adoring
– This Sim wants the best for another and thinks they’re so wonderful!

– sentimentTrack_Adoring_ST_impressed
– Impressed
– Impressed by the other sim

– sentimentTrack_Bitter_LT_cheating
– Betrayed by Cheating

– sentimentTrack_Bitter_LT_grudge
– Festering Grudge

– sentimentTrack_Bitter_ST_breakup
– Bitter about Breakup

– sentimentTrack_Bitter_ST_divorce
– Resentful about Divorce

– sentimentTrack_Bitter_ST_fight
– Grudging after a Fight

– sentimentTrack_Close_LT_generic
– Deeply Connected

– sentimentTrack_Close_ST_adoption
– Open-Hearted

– sentimentTrack_Close_ST_generic
– Closer from Happy Memories

– sentimentTrack_Close_ST_nearDeath
– Close after a Close Call

– sentimentTrack_Close_ST_party
– Closer after a Fun Party

– sentimentTrack_Close_ST_qualityTime
– Growing Closer from Quality Time

– sentimentTrack_Enamored_LT_generic
– Deeply in Love

– sentimentTrack_Enamored_ST_generic
– Smitten

– sentimentTrack_Furious_ST_cheating
– Furious about Cheating

– sentimentTrack_Furious_ST_generic
– Furious

– sentimentTrack_Furious_ST_wedding
– Infuriated about Cancelled Wedding

– sentimentTrack_Guilty_ST_awkwardDate
– Awkward after a Bad Date

– sentimentTrack_Guilty_ST_badParty
– Ashamed of a Terrible Party

– sentimentTrack_Guilty_ST_generic
– Guilty

– sentimentTrack_Hurt_LT_generic
– Deeply Wounded

– sentimentTrack_Hurt_ST_generic
– Hurt

– sentimentTrack_Hurt_ST_rejection
– Dejected about Rejection

– sentimentTrack_Hurt_ST_romantic
– Heartbroken

– sentimentTrack_Hurt_ST_saddened
– Saddened

Message 77 of 87 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Trismagistos but i don't have that pack
Message 78 of 87 (1,202 Views)

Champion

Hey @GoPBJ 

Could you please elaborate on the issue you experience?

This thread was first made, directly after the release of Snowy Escape. Players were then for the first time confronted with lifestyles and strong sentiments between Sims. The lifestyles are integral part of the expansion pack. Sentiments were also incorporated in the base game. When you don't own the expansion pack, then you won’t be able to have issues with lifestyles.

Sentiments between Sims are now an integral part of the game and as you can read in this thread there are lots of ways (cheats or mods) to alter sentiments between your Sims.

So, if you need assistance or help with sentiments, cheat or mods please ask.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 79 of 87 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hello, I have a sentiment-related issue: 

TL;DR: I need to know the cheat code for removing negative sentiment called "You interrupted the Wedding Ceremony!" All the listed cheat codes are for base game, and this is clearly from the wedding pack. I have tried googling, and can't find it.

Longer explanation: a couple got married using the new wedding system from My Wedding Stories. They have a toddler. The toddler behaved fine, as far as I could see, but regardless, the groom (toddler's father) is now furious with the toddler for 'You interrupted the Wedding Ceremony!' sentiment reason. I had this happen once before, in a different save, at which point I figured I'd just keep playing until it fades, but the father kept being snarky at the child even when she was a teen, although I admit I now forget if the sentiment kept re-appearing, or maybe it was just the Mean Sims thing, but strangely just with him at her.

So since it popped up again now in a different save, I figured I'd google to see if there's a mod to remove sentiments, or a cheat, or something. I found the cheat and the lists allover the internet, but only the base game sentiments lists, or sometimes Snowy Escape, never this particular one. I also tried to scour through father's info with SimsInfo but couldn't find what the sentiment might be called, nor even where the sentiments info -is- in the SimsInfo. I did find the current moodlet, but since the moodlet is just generic furious-with-someone, I can't use that to remove the sentiment itself.

So... anyone know the code, pretty please?

Edit: I found a mod that managed to remove the sentiment, but when the father talks with the happily babbling toddler, the game says it's 'unpleasant conversation' so obviously something is still off somewhere, so would love to see if hitting the modifyrelationship with the correct code for that sentiment would help.

Message 80 of 87 (1,138 Views)