999x999 lots on vanilla fresh installed game

by xEleanorLamb

Original Post

999x999 lots on vanilla fresh installed game

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I got the problem with the bugged or whatever they are 999x999 lots in the gallery that you can't place. I did everything, including installing the Sims 4 completely new on my PC, without any mods or anything, just the vanilla version. The problem is still there. I tried everything that can be found online, from deleting cache files and repairing the game to installing it completely fresh and without any mods. 
What is the issue? In some of the gallery comments you can read that others have the same problem and that people recommend mods? Do I need to install mods now to be able to place some lots? 

Message 1 of 6 (993 Views)

Re: 999x999 lots on vanilla fresh installed game

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xEleanorLamb Do you get it on all lots in the gallery or only some ?

This is usually caused by mods (UI Cheat and other UI mods).

Since you say you don't have any, did you completely delete your user folder when you reinstalled ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I thought I deleted the post, don't know why it's still up. I figured out that the problem is not that you need to delete something, you need to add something. The go to school mod bugs out the gallery and shows lots that you can't place without having the mod installed. It's quite bad. But yeah, the only solution I found so far is either to install the mod or to ignore the broken lots. The broken lots will be always there, even on a complete factory reset fresh installed game as long as you don't have the mod. It is also not all but just some lots, especially big ones usually. 

Message 3 of 6 (949 Views)

Hero
@xEleanorLamb Can you give me an example ? Creator/Name of the lot ? This sounds like a major issue for those that aren't aware.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (942 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tested around a little bit. If you open the gallery in the world you wanna place the lot on, you can search the lot in the gallery, choose to place it and then choose the lot to place it on. It is showed bugged but after loading it will appear. If you are on the lot and then open the gallery to place it, it doesn't do anything. 
Willow Greek High School from Romanesprt
Io Tech High School from Francoseque
Constance High School from Lukaslainelara

Basically, if you search after high school as item name and search only lots, most popular (NOT include custom content) its nearly all of the top rows. 

So far I only found school related lots like that as my original post also came from wanting to place a school like building. I tried to find other lots like that with searching for apartment, villa or club but none had the same issue. 

Message 5 of 6 (934 Views)

Hero
@xEleanorLamb Thanks for the info. Since you can't even see the info field it's also hard to give info in it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (929 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help