Wishlist for 2023

by misterflugietime

Original Post

Re: Wishlist for 2023

★★ Guide

1- for EASHL- “Join in Progress” option for clubs.   Good lord this needs to be a thing especially since the majority of disconnects seem to be the good ol’ EA Unexpected Error.    This option is long overdue.

2- Custom image uploads for club logos.   Again this is something about ten years overdue.   You police the logos the same way you police the names.

3- FULL jersey design control.   Let me decide what piping goes where, or if I want to use a word mark style logo(again, another questionable absence since the Rangers, and now the Pens have it)

4- Either revamp the RP so that it actually works, tor scrap it altogether.   I’m sorry but it clearly doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to and rewards/subtracts completely arbitrary amounts regardless of who you beat/lose to.

5- Allow us to take more off of certain attributes.   Sorry but as a winger I’m rarely going to take face offs.   I would much rather take ten off those and put it into discipline, or deking.   

6- Better grasping of the rules.   Incidental contact usually doesn’t result in an interference penalty IRL unless it actually disrupts a scoring chance. All these barely marginal interference calls, or trips from the shot block dive where they clip the back of your skate and they fall down...that’s utter nonsense.   That would never get called.   These are supposed to be NHL level pros, they aren’t that weak on their skates.

7- Unless it’s absolutely gamebreaking...you don’t need to tune-ruin the game.   This game was almost perfect on release and has since been tuned into garbage.

Message 11 of 50 (1,554 Views)

Re: Nhl 23 wishlist

★ Novice

There right below echl 

Message 12 of 50 (1,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m playing be a pro mode and I’m wishing as the captain of the team I had more power to make decisions  or at least be consulted about roster moves, I feel in real life a captain of a team is asked about what he thinks about the makeup of the team. I think it would add a great deal of personality to the game and a player would have more power over the direction of his career which in my opinion would make it a much more captivating game mode. Thank you and I can’t wait for chell 23.

Message 13 of 50 (1,461 Views)

★★★ Guide

This franchise needs a new lead. Overall, not a lot has changed since 15. That's why you've lost a big chunk of your fan base. nhl 14 and prior, it didn't take 10 mins of searching, just to get into one drop in game. Now it takes forever. Imo get rid of ones, threes and pro am (pro am and eliminator is so easy to score on, since the goalies barely move). Threes can stay in, if you're playing club and your game goes into OT. Then have a voting system within your club to determine lines or something (since I don't think this would do well in drop-ins). If someone wants threes make another game more arcadish feel to it. (Similar to the NHL arcade game for the 360. That game was fun!). It would also be fun to see a line change system in eashl clubs as well, that way more than 6 could play and you'd have to be smart about when you like Change and stamina actually has an effect on the game, it may actually slow down gameplay a bit too, which I think is needed.

Message 14 of 50 (1,391 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree..make the body check have legit effect on knocking the puck loose.  Many times i or opponent will bump into an opposing player and knock the puck loose like a check..and then when checking a player they skate through it like the terminator never loosing momentum, or the puck.  

Message 15 of 50 (1,376 Views)

★★ Novice

This game is beautiful and fun to play, especially for people that play hockey.  The HUT is wrecked.  It is no fun any more.  I saw a comment earlier that majority of us that play aren't sitting there 24/7 playing it, and upgrading or purchasing ever 93+ players that comes out.  I don't remember which version it was but there were 2 options in HUT.  1 was to play HUT champions and the other was to just build your teams and play earn coins etc.  I even spend a little to build a good team, but I as many others dont have time to play all day and night and learn all of these glitchy moves etc, that would never ever work in an actual game.

I get it..it is a video game.  However with the fantastic job EA has done making it as realistic as you have, you have to make the actual game play realistic.  Or as close as possible.  Have the designers actually watch hockey.  These players are elite on BOTH side of the puck.  Players aren't  catching Nathan McKinnon on a breakaway.   When a 6'5 Norris Trophy winning defenseman pins a player to the boards they aren't wiggling loose with the puck.  and THEY DONT MISS PASSES in the NHL.  Sure there are bad passes, but most of the passes aren't perfect, they move their feet and position them selves to catch it.   The real game is open, fast and fluid.  I believe you have done a fantastic job with offline modes.

HUT Suggestions..They may be on other threads so apologies if I am repeating.  

1) Go back to 2 options.  HUT Champions should be a separate thing for those more serious.  If that is not an options please stop pairing my team with 3 players that are 90(2 were the free ones) against teams that have played or paid enough to have every player at 95.    Or allow us 2 teams if we want to do both?  Or if we have a high power team for HUT Champions and want to play regular HUT, we have to adjust or match make based on the rating of your team.

2) You have to fix the goalie moving Post to Post.  I think I give up and score 5 -6 from stepping out behind the net and pulling the puck across the crease.  That type of goal may happen 2 times a season and would typically be poked away by the goalie due to the play being so close.  It is definitely a glitch or design miss on the goalies.  

3) The poke checking is absurd.  Which has been blasted on here several times.  

4) The AI seems to struggle with positioning, and hockey IQ.  Team mates run into each other quite a lot, and run into opponents which is technically inference.  Not sure of a solid suggestion here but I haven't noticed it in other versions.  No player ever jumps off for a change when a pass is coming to them..the receive it and make a pass, dump it then get off, I think I have had 100 icing penalties because I pass to an  open forward and they hop on the bench as the puck gets there.  Again NHL players dont miss passes.  They will move or move and position their body and stick to receive passes, they dont just keep looking forward, and it hit them in the feet or go flying past them.  Maybe that could be on us as players to control in the next version?  

5) AI on Offside is awful.  Players are skating over the blue line 30 feet ahead of the play.  

6) Charging penalty is too sensitive.  Too many charges on big hits..lol  

7) I really like the option like X-factor to build up your players.  I also like the idea of the EVO players.  Could we have a combo?  As they play and perform we can improve them?   Like Start at 75-80, and based on position they can improve based on G/A/P, add in blocked shots for D men, Goalies have their own..once they get to say 84, we have to "upgrade with a power up" or use coins at that point to be able to go to 85. If I want to max out some of my X factor players it will cost me 250k in coins if not more.. maybe kind of like be a pro for HUT but we use current players and we can pick guys we like, well based on what EA makes available.  At least have a couple of popular guys a team.

8) The ability to hold down A and keep control of the puck while gliding with every player on the opposing team hitting, poking and stick lifting is lame, and again move that stuff to the gamers hockey league, as well as all of these X factor that add another level of control knowledge to pull off is probably better spent in gamer hockey.  

9) Could we see some of the outdoor stadiums(not necessarily the real versions) but outdoor options as our home arenas?

10) Also once the team reveals the jersey can it be updated to the game vs waiting for them to wear it?  Unless that is licensing issue.

Message 16 of 50 (1,367 Views)

★★ Guide

I want these to expand for NHL 23

Attribute Effects: 0-100

Game Speed: 0-100

AI Learning: 0-100

CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0-100

CPU Strategy Adjustment: 0-30

User Strategy Adjustment: 0-30

Be A Pro Strategy Adjustment: 0-30

can we also get 

slot shots

shot attempts

shot chances

time of the attack: 0-50 minutes made during the game

O-zone time: 0-50 minutes

D-Zone time: 0-50 minutes

Cycling shot accuracy Slider 0-100

Cycling Slap Shot Accuracy : 0-100

Cycling One Timer Accuracy : 0-100

can we also get expanded Coaches strategies and expanded defensive penalty kill strategy and offensive lines and defensive line strategies

more power-play options and expanded breakouts and stuff.

Puck Curl and Puck Dripple Impacts too : 0-100

please bring back cross-checking penalties for offline.

my wishes for NHL 2023

Message 17 of 50 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SuperGoalies These are great ideas… they would surely benefit us offline gamers… the shame, is that because it has to do with the offline community it will likely get overlooked.. we will be lucky to get the goal sync freeze bug fixed for NHL 23 at this point lol…
Message 18 of 50 (1,268 Views)

★ Guide

- Realistic home arena for Ukraine national team! (Palace of Sports in Kyiv)

Message 19 of 50 (1,237 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Unlikely that these will be added but my simple recommendations are:

1) Add the created team's logo to the scoreboard on the bottom in franchise mode. I'm using the hammerhead shark logo and don't know if it's an issue only with my logo.

2) Add a shot counter on the bottom scoreboard.

3) I love the presentation and goal replays, so I recommend keeping that but sometimes I want to see why I was called for tripping or interference. When a player is heading to the box, it would be neat if you could press a button (like R3) to see a replay of why you are in the sin bin.

4) Fix the crowd for a created team. The crowd's clothing should have more variation like other teams. Maybe for playoffs everyone can wear the team's jersey. Also, fix the logo on crowd to make sure they are wearing the custom team's logo.

5) Last is an AI fix and maybe it's me. Sometimes when doing a wrap around, the skater spins and tries to backhand the puck into the net. 

Message 20 of 50 (1,186 Views)