Offline Creators Wishlist

by MV75

Original Post

Offline Creators Wishlist

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I love to create teams/leagues/cups and more in the offline modes, and I think many of the things I list down below is more than me that would love to have it in the game.

Sadly this list is a copy of the one for NHL 22, because EA NHL, didn´t implemented anything from the list more than the IIHF Update with Slovenia, Hungary and South Korea.

Some of the things are probably easy to implement in the game but gives us a game that we would love even more.

And some of the things would take more effort from EA to implement but would still make the NHL game even better than it is today.

National teams (doubles of players in the game because of the setup of national teams)

There is a few problems with the National Teams setup in NHL games right now.

* There is doubles of the same players in the roster file.

Thats means that if you move out a player from the National team roster, there is two of the same player in the World in many cases.

* You can´t edit a player if he is only in the National Team roster.

If you want to edit the player you need to move him to a club team, edit him and then move in back to the national Team. Lots of extra work there.

* You can´t have players under the age of 18 in the National Team roster,

We all remember the Rasmus Dahlin problem in the last Olympic Games, everyone had to create a custom Rasmus Dahlin to be able to have him in the Swedish Olympic roster.

And we all know that there is always a few young upcoming stars playing in the World Championships for some nations, that we have to manually create.

And we also have to cheat the system even with a created player. - Change his age to +18, assign him to the National team, and then change his age back to under 18.

My idéa of a solution to all of this three problems is that we handel National Teams rosters the same way we handel created teams rosters.

We assign players to the team with an option like in Create a team roster, and only get copies of the players in the roster.

If we remove the player from the national team, there is no double anywhere.

And we get the option to actually edit players in the National team roster. (And yes it will change the real player in the club team he is on).

More leagues:

Slovakian Extraliga
EIHL (Great Britain)

Optibet Hokeja Līga (Baltic Hockey League)

Alphs Hockey league
KHL (We can all dream) and name NHL 23 to Hockey World 24 Wink

Mestis (Finnish second division)
USHL
NCAA

Customization (This is the big part of the wishlist and would make the game - Play - No limits) Wink

- Be able to use all logos that is already in the game (not only NHL and ECHL) when creating a team
- Be able to fully edit all players in a franchise save (change RW to LW for example)
- Be able to have arenas that is not PRO in the Franchise mode/create a club, like its in EASHL clubs in the beginning.
- Remove the limit to move an underaged player to only a CHL Team in Player Movement - Rosters. (In Europe underaged players do change teams IRL)

Update locations that are missing when creating a team or player:

Sweden

Huddinge, Kiruna, Halmstad, Karlstad, Gävle, Ängelholm, Örnsköldsvik, Kristianstad, Norrköping, Karlskoga, Uppsala, Västerås, Tingsryd, Ljungby, Västervik, Oskarshamn, Boden, Kallinge, Umeå, Karlstad, Östersund.

Finland:

Rovaniemi, Joensuu, Vantaa, Forssa, Kokkola, Kajaani, Iisalmi, Imatra, Keuruu, Seinäjoki, Savonlinna, Heinola, Hyvinkää., Järvenpää, Kerava, Kirkkonummi, Kotka, Lempälä, Uusikaupunki

Russia:

Sochi, Yekaterinburg, Podolsk, Khanty Mansiysk, Voskresensk, Vladivostok, Perm, Samara, Krasnoyarsk

Austria:

Salzburg, Villach, Klagenfurt, Innsbruck, Linz, Graz

EIHL:  

Belfast, Coventry, Cardiff, Dundee, Kirkcaldy, Guilford, Sheffield, Edinburgh

Slovakia:

Banska Bystrica, Kosice, Nove Zamky, Presov, Liptovsky Mikulas, Michalovce, Trencin, Nitra, Poprad, Spisska Nova Ves, Zvolen.

Poland

Warszawa, Tychy, Kraków, Katowice, Oświęcim, Nowy Targ, Sanok, Sosnowiec, Jastrzębie (JKH GKS from CHL), Toruń, Krynica, Gdańsk, Bytom

Ukraine: 

Kremenchuk, Kiev, Donetsk, Kharkiv

Norway: 

Oslo, Lillehammer

Kazakstan:

Nur-Sultan, Astana, Almaty, Oskemen

Lituania: 

Vilnius, Elektrenai, Kaunas

World:

Riga (Latvia), Minsk (Belarus), Tallinn (Estonia, Ljubljana (Slovenia), Shenzhen (China), Seoul (South Korea), Anyang (South Korea), Lake Placid (NY, USA), Reykjavik (Iceland), Bolzano (Italy), Asiago (Italy), Brunico (Italy), Ljubljana (Slovenia), Szekesfehervar (Hungary), Kushiro (Japan) and Tomakomai (Japan).

Countries: 

Wales, Taiwan, Luxembourg, Spain, Iceland

Franchise Mode - Custom league (new)

- Have the opportunity to substitube the AHL affiliate for all of the teams over 32+. Its broken right now and gives you SHL teams as your AHL affiliate when you add more teams than 32.

- Have the opportunity to have expansions during the save.

Franchise Mode

- Have the opportunity to send players to their ECHL affiliate, and not just to the AHL affiliate.
- Be able to fully edit generated players in the draft (or be able to do it after the draft, change appereance not just the beard, name, nationality etc)
- Be able to edit the names and apperance on the generated coaches in your team (NHL + AHL)

Add - non american names to players born in Norway, Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia for the generated players in draft.

(Your friends at FIFA have a good name pool for these countries)

Playoff mode

- Be able to play just the playoffs from any of the 13 leagues in the game, not just NHL. (Like you can in season mode)
(It looks odd men Two teams from Finland wins Stanley Cup and not Liiga in playoffs mode for example)
- Be able to make a custom playoff mode - name and teams in it

Tournament mode

Be able to create a custom tournament (for example Olympics, World Cup or others) and not just Spengler Cup and Champions Hockey League
Be able to swap the teams in Spengler Cup and Champions Hockey league

CHL (Champions Hockey League)

Be able to substitube the teams before you start a season, just like you can do before you start a league season in the game.

Play Now Mode

- Have the opportunity to choose what arena the game will be played on. (And options to choose from every arena in the game or created in Create a team mode or the standard EASHL and CHEL arenas)

- Have the opportunity to choose if the game will be played in a outdoor rink (with those options for arena, maybe even the ones from CHEL and EASHL)

- Have the opportunity to choose the value of the game that will be played. (For example World Championship semifinal, Stanley Cup Conference Final or LIIGA Final with those logos and settings for commentators and winning ceremony)

League mode

Be able to create a custom league (be able to set number of teams, set the amount of divisions/conferences/or just have the European way with no division and conferences and if you want to have a relegation/promotion league system)

And then be able to choose freely what clubs you want to have in the mode.

Choose what kind of league Logo and name you want it to have.

I was thinking that not all of us want to play Franchise mode with 32 teams, but we still would like to play more than one season.

Because the problem with Franchise mode is that its connected with AHL (farm teams).

Generic Arenas:

Be able to change and edit the arenas for teams that have a generic arena. For example if I play with Växjö Lakers, the arena is now EA Sports Arena, Stockholm.

I should be able to edit what arena Växjö have in the game and be able to rename it to Vida Arena in Växjö (just like you can change and edit generic arenas in FIFA for those teams that dont have a licensed one in the game).

These are the ones I wish now. But if EA NHL would like to know more of these ones, be free to contact me, I would love to help creating even a better NHL game.

Message 1 of 80 (4,421 Views)

Re: Offline Creators Wishlist

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Aljo @EA_Kent @EA_Blueberry 

I want to point out that I dont blame you guys, you are just the messengers from the forum to EA NHL. And I know that there is lot of things in the forums that you also want to change/implement to the NHL games.

I´m blaming EA NHL for not listening to the forums. For example the Offline Creators Wishlist was the top thread on Game suggestions for NHL 22 for 9 months and still the only thing that have been implemented from the list for NHL 22 was national teams in the IIHF licence, But we also lost Russia and Belarus.... Nothing new in NHL23!!!

Why having forums and you guys here if the company have no intensions to listen to the forums. Frown

Message 2 of 80 (4,404 Views)

★★★ Pro
@MV75 Yeah they don’t ever listen… I agree what’s the point of the forums…

I was specifically asked last year about editing players and a bunch of us answered the question they asked for our input… and it was literally for nothing because they still locked us out of the feature that they took away from us in 21.
They implement half baked features that are broken and never get fixed… we report bugs, explain how things don’t work… ask for this… but they only ever give us the bare minimum and it isn’t even what we asked for…

It’s super frustrating
Message 3 of 80 (4,387 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, and they removed the full broadcast option... Frown

So now when you play a game offline, - You start the game -faceoffs directly, you dont even see what goalies are starting for the teams... I tested it on both play now and franchise mode... Frown Frown Frown

NEW PRESENTATION PACKAGE - And they removed stuffs instead. The new stuffs are not in regular games, maybe in playoffs? I haven´t seen it yet in any game....

Not to mention that the Franchise Custom league is broken..... Frown

Message 4 of 80 (4,380 Views)

★★ Guide
@MV75 how is Custom league broken already lol?
Message 5 of 80 (4,374 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Bahamuta It’s EA… of course it’s going to be broken on release lol…
Message 6 of 80 (4,371 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well the first thing with custom league that is broken is that you cant substitube AHL affiliate when you have more than 32 teams in your league, every team over 32 will get an SHL or Liiga teams as their AHL affiliate and you can't change that.... so stupid...

Their will be more broken stuffs now when we real players test the game, not the ones on EA NHL that doesnt find the bugs.... lol

Message 7 of 80 (4,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MV75the whole new presentation they deep dived about doesn't work either lol.

Message 8 of 80 (4,350 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Exactly!! So EA!! They always have bugs on every new thing they add.....

Message 9 of 80 (4,325 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They added in NHL 22 - World Mens, Womens and Juniors Tournaments, but those modes are unplayable. You play them at most ONCE!!

Because you cant edit rosters before starting, you cant substitube teams going into those modes... 

They added in NHL 23 - Custom League, but that mode is close to unplayable.

You get Europeans Teams as AHL affiliates when you add teams when you have more than 32 teams.

You MUST create the extra teams with players and yourself make sure that there won´t be doubles in the Franchise save because of that.

Not to mention that you cant have expansion when you started the save.

The NEW HISTORIC SETTINGS are you for you when you start the save, after that they are LOCKED!

They added new light shows in game presentations, national anthems and glowsticks to the fans.

BUT those doesnt show on every game, you get lucky if you see them.

And for better Game Presentations they FORCED everyone to play every offline game like a HUT game with condensed broadcast settings.

Message 10 of 80 (4,245 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help