Offline Creators Wishlist

by MV75

Original Post

Re: Offline Creators Wishlist

★★ Novice

All good suggestions. And also please take back the option to switch out the NHL teams to teams from Europe. It really adds replayability in Franchise mode as you can create an European "super league" which is a fresh take after playing with the same NHL teams for several years now.

Message 21 of 173 (1,601 Views)

★★ Guide
@CoozterWarden Or just add more teams to the league
Message 22 of 173 (1,569 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have been spending a lot of time creating a custom roster the last week (KHL),

And one thing that have been poping up in my mind is this.

There is a few problems with the National Teams setup in NHL games right now.

* There is doubles of the same players in the roster file.

Thats means that if you move out a player from the National team roster, there is two of the same player in the World in many cases.

* You can´t edit a player if he is only in the National Team roster.

If you want to edit the player you need to move him to a club team, edit him and then move in back to the national Team. Lots of extra work there.

* You can´t have players under the age of 18 in the National Team roster,

We all remember the Rasmus Dahlin problem in the last Olympic Games, everyone had to create a custom Rasmus Dahlin to be able to have him in the Swedish Olympic roster.

And we all know that there is always a few young upcoming stars playing in the World Championships for some nations, that we have to manually create.

And we also have to cheat the system even with a created player. - Change his age to +18, assign him to the National team, and then change his age back to under 18.

My idéa of a solution to all of this three problems is that we handel National Teams rosters the same way we handel created teams rosters.

We assign players to the team with an option like in Create a team roster, and only get copies of the players in the roster.

If we remove the player from the national team, there is no double anywhere.

And we get the option to actually edit players in the National team roster. (And yes it will change the real player in the club team he is on).

Message 23 of 173 (1,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry 

1000000% agree with all of this. Only potential issue I could see is getting the licensing to use NCAA teams/players, just because NCAA rules are backwards and the whole NIL controversy/confusion is still on going. 

Only things I would suggest are: 

Franchise Mode

-ability for you (as the GM) to initiate conversations with players & coaches, not just them initiating talks with you

-ability for you to scheme with your coach to change the playing style/scheme of your team to mold it around the players you have, not the coach

-ability to buy out contracts as they allow under current NHL rules 

-GM press conference/media availability. Do it like every 20 games or so where you have to take questions from reporters on the state of team etc (gotta have some accountability lol)

-off season scouting activities (world juniors, memorial cup etc) 

-if you create an expansion AHL team along with your expansion team, the ability to edit their uniforms & logos after initial creation (like how you can edit your NHL team’s uniforms in the off season) 

-the ability to edit a current NHL team’s uniforms if you chose them as your team in Franchise Mode (ex. I choose to play as the flyers so get the ability to edit their uniforms in the off season)

-ability to hold practices with your team to build chemistry, practice strategies, boost morale + other ways to boost players moral/happiness when it comes to management 

-I also emphatically agree that you should have the ability to send players to the ECHL in addition to the AHL as well as have the ability to loan them to European leagues

Be a pro-mode

I know be a pro mode isn’t the subject of this thread but I really dig how Fifa was brought up because Be Pro Mode could use some Fifa-ication

-olympics should take place every few seasons in the sim & you should have the ability to get your player called up to their national team

-additionally IIHF tournaments should be included & before your career starts and you should have the ability to get selected to play in world juniors 

-All Star games should occur yearly in the sim & you should have the ability to get selected to that as well

-if you request a trade, you should be able to submit some sort of list of preferred destinations 

Overall suggestions 

these we already mentioned but

-more national teams

-more leagues like the EIHL

-all NHL team uniform history & logo history (maybe not every alternate uniform or whatever but at least every home & away jersey a team has worn) 

-ability to edit & create with all logos/uniform styles within the game

Overall though I agree with & emphatically second everything MV75 said 

Message 24 of 173 (1,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I really agree with the created AHL team idéa that you should be able to change the uniforms between the seasons, just like you can with a created NHL team. I have been missing that, because I often create a AHL team when I have created NHL team, and not just leave it to the pre set team.

The Olympics and World Championship should be made in a deal with IIHF to have the real life National team uniforms and logos. Even U20 World Championship option would be over the top if they could implement that option to the game.

Message 25 of 173 (1,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Probably this will not be changed in the next patch (or in the 22nd edition) but it is an important issue.

As a supporter of a club from Europe, I would like to be able to create a team whose name does not have to be "Poland GKS Katowice", just GKS Katowice, without adding a location.

The game developers from Canada forget that field hockey is also in other parts of the world. This is strange because in the CHL we have teams with names like "JKH GKS Jastrzębie"....

\

Message 26 of 173 (1,391 Views)

Community Manager

@MV75 wrote:

I love to create teams/leagues/cups and more in the offline modes, and I think many of the things I list down below is more than me that would love to have it in the game.

Some of the things are probably easy to implement in the game but gives us a game that we would love even more. And some of the things would take more effort from EA to implement but would still make the NHL game even better than it is today.

More National teams (Even if there is generated players like in Japan, Ukraine...)

Slovenia - Have played in WC D1 A for 5 years now
Hungary - Have played in WC D1 A since 2017
South Korea - WC D1 A since 2019 and last olympics

There is a few problems with the National Teams setup in NHL games right now.

* There is doubles of the same players in the roster file.

Thats means that if you move out a player from the National team roster, there is two of the same player in the World in many cases.

* You can´t edit a player if he is only in the National Team roster.

If you want to edit the player you need to move him to a club team, edit him and then move in back to the national Team. Lots of extra work there.

* You can´t have players under the age of 18 in the National Team roster,

We all remember the Rasmus Dahlin problem in the last Olympic Games, everyone had to create a custom Rasmus Dahlin to be able to have him in the Swedish Olympic roster.

And we all know that there is always a few young upcoming stars playing in the World Championships for some nations, that we have to manually create.

And we also have to cheat the system even with a created player. - Change his age to +18, assign him to the National team, and then change his age back to under 18.

My idéa of a solution to all of this three problems is that we handel National Teams rosters the same way we handel created teams rosters.

We assign players to the team with an option like in Create a team roster, and only get copies of the players in the roster.

If we remove the player from the national team, there is no double anywhere.

And we get the option to actually edit players in the National team roster. (And yes it will change the real player in the club team he is on).

More leagues:

Slovakian Extraliga
EIHL (Great Britain)
KHL (We can all dream) and name NHL 23 to Hockey World 23 Wink

Mestis (Finnish second division)
Alphs Hockey league
USHL
NCAA

Customization (This is the big part of the wishlist and would make the game - Play - No limits) Wink

- Be able to use all logos that is already in the game (not only NHL and ECHL) when creating a team
- Be able to fully edit all players in a franchise save (change RW to LW for example)
- Be able to have arenas that is not PRO in the Franchise mode/create a club, like its in EASHL clubs in the beginning.
- Remove the limit to move an underaged player to only a CHL Team in Player Movement - Rosters. (In Europe underaged players do change teams IRL)

- Citys that are missing when creating a team or player:

Sweden: Huddinge, Kiruna, Halmstad.

Russia: Sochi, Yekaterinburg, Podolsk, Khanty Mansiysk, Voskresensk, Vladivostok.

Others: Riga (Latvia), Minsk (Belarus), Nur-Sultan (Kazakstan), Astana (Kazakhkstan), Kremenchuk (Ukraine), Tallinn (Estonia).

EIHL:  Belfast, Coventry, Cardiff, Dundee, Kirkcaldy, Guilford, Sheffield

Slovakia: Banska Bystrica, Kosice, Nove Zamky, Presov, Liptovsky Mikulas, Michalovce, Trencin, Nitra, Poprad, Spisska Nova Ves, Zvolen.

Poland: Tychy, Kraków, Katowice, Oświęcim, Nowy Targ, Sanok, Sosnowiec, Jastrzębie (JKH GKS from CHL), Toruń, Krynica, Gdańsk, Bytom

Playoff mode

- Be able to play just the playoffs from any of the 13 leagues in the game, not just NHL. (Like you can in season mode)
(It looks odd men Two teams from Finland wins Stanley Cup and not Liiga in playoffs mode for example)
- Be able to make a custom playoff mode - name and teams in it

Tournament mode

Be able to create a custom tournament (for example Olympics, World Cup or others) and not just Spengler Cup and Champions Hockey League
Be able to swap the teams in Spengler Cup and Champions Hockey league

Franchise Mode

- Have the opportunity to send players to their ECHL affiliate, and not just to the AHL affiliate.
- Be able to fully edit generated players in the draft (or be able to do it after the draft, change face, name, etc)
- Be able to edit the names and apperance on the generated coaches in your team (NHL + AHL)

Add - non american names to players born in Norway, Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia for the generated players in draft.

(Your friends at FIFA have a good name pool for these countries)

These are the ones I wish now. But if EA NHL would like to know more of these ones, be free to contact me, I would love to help creating even a better NHL game.

@MV75 

This might be right up your alley. Have fun! 

Blueberry.png
Message 27 of 173 (1,302 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry  Thats absolutly going in the right direction with the NHL games!

That update will really bring joy to a lot of Hockey fans around the World!

World Championship for both Women and men and Juniors!!

I do must give a lot of credits to you guys on EA Hockey for this one. Great news!! Standard smile

Message 28 of 173 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Updated the list with the changes from IIHF Update December 2021.

More National teams (Even if there is generated players like in Japan, Ukraine...)

Slovenia - Have played in WC D1 A for 5 years now (In NHL22 after IIHF update Dec 2021)
Hungary - Have played in WC D1 A since 2017  (In NHL22 after IIHF update Dec 2021)
South Korea - WC D1 A since 2019 and last olympics  (In NHL22 after IIHF update Dec 2021)

Also you can play World Juniors with similar to the rosters in 2020/2021 Championship right now.

I think there will be a roster update to that when the rosters are set for this years World Juniors Championship.

The only problem is that you cant change the rosters for the Junior teams, you have to play with the updated roster from EA.

1) You wont be able to add players like Lucas Raymond (who playes regular hockey in NHL already)

2) You cant change the generated players in teams like Russia for example (because EA doesn´t have KHL license)

So I hope the National Team Juniors rosters will be like ordinarie league rosters with rules settings that players younger than 18 can be transfered there....

Message 29 of 173 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Finally IIHF license! Add IIHF theme anthem before international match starts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAXFEQJrzCk 

At least add realistic home arenas for Canada and USA, becose those arenas are already in the game (currently for only NHL clubs):
- Capital One Arena (Washington) for USA
- Canadian Tire Centre (Ottawa) for Canada

Alternative international jerseys:
- Russia "ROC Jersey"
- Euro Hockey Tour jerseys (Finland, Sweden, Czech, Russia)
- Maybe some classic historical jerseys (like USA 1980, Soviet Union 1980 and 1988, Finland 1991 and 1995, Czechoslovakia 1985,)

Similar score bug to international games which are in international IIHF broadcast signal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oJ9RXwLYLY 

Similar score bug to finnish SM-Liiga which are in Telia's broadcast signal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udcVeMPzu0A 

Message 30 of 173 (1,231 Views)