Major Player Portraits Needed (with resources)

by pgh_till_i_die

Original Post

Major Player Portraits Needed (with resources)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's that time of year again! There are some major players (we're talking top prospects or 1st/2nd round picks) in the game missing player portraits.

To prove they exist (and to be helpful) I've hyperlinked most of these players' headshots from Getty. Let's get these guys in the game. Please give this XP if you agree so EA sees this. 

--

NHL

Owen Power - Buffalo

Alex Vlasic - Chicago

Kent Johnson - Columbus

Dylan Holloway - Edmonton

Matthew Boldy - Minnesota

Jake Sanderson - Ottawa

Bobby Brink - Philadelphia

Matty Beniers - Seattle

AHL

Yan Kuznetsov - Calgary

Thomas Bordeleau - San Jose

OHL

Artem Grushnikov - Hamilton

Tyler Boucher - Ottawa

SHL

Theo Lindstein - Brynäs

Filip Bystedt - Linköping

Leo Carlsson - Örebro

Liiga

Kasper Halttunen - Helsingen

Allsvenskan

Dalivor Dvorsky - AIK

Liam Öhgren - Djurgården

Jonathan Lekkerimäki - Djurgården

Calle Odelius - Djurgården

Noah Östlund - Djurgården

Message 1 of 8 (895 Views)

Re: Major Player Portraits Needed (with resources)

★ Guide

Here is 

Calle Odelius - Djurgården

Message 2 of 8 (853 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Sparky_NY1 Thanks!! He should be added to the list above
Message 3 of 8 (802 Views)

★★ Guide
@pgh_till_i_die Hope this will be added soon
Message 4 of 8 (775 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Bumping this because it's easily fixed and resources are provided.

A bit silly that some of the top prospects in the NHL are on the same level as randomly generated prospects in terms of polish and realism.
Message 5 of 8 (565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

As far as I know the photos are taken from the team roster from the previous year at the beginning of the season. So NHL 23 has the 2021-2022 player photos from the respected teams. And easy way to know is if a player is traded at the deadline the next years game will have his player photo from his previous team such as Romanov, Dach, DeBrincat, etc. Also since some players did not start the season in the NHL and were in college such as Beniers, Sanderson, Power, Boldy,  etc. Those guys that started the year in NCAA won’t have a photo in the next years game, unless EA make a manual change to the data.

Message 6 of 8 (393 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Sparky_NY1 You're not wrong that it's usually a photo from the previous year, but the thing is all prospects usually get their picture taken on draft day or at their team's media day. That's how you see them on Getty and it's what they use as the source file for the team photo on NHL.com

So EA should easily be able to pull this year's photo or last year's photo from either the club or from Getty. It's not 1:1 but a decent example is Shane Pinto (OTT) – earlier in the year he didn't have a portrait and now he does. Those photos can definitely be cut out in Photoshop and added to the game.
Message 7 of 8 (289 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@pgh_till_i_die My understanding is that they only can use only official pics they get from the licenced leagues. So they could ask pictures and I'm sure the leagues PR teams would be more than happy to provide them as all of them have them in their databases and is a part of marketing efforts for the leagues.

But they would need to ask those resources, which they aren't at this moment by looks of it.

Also seems like they will keep the rights to use the old pictures as well. You can see a lot of players who were in the game years ago and then were removed due to them going to KHL and now they're back in the game and the pics they use are some cases probably from NHL 16 or 17.
Message 8 of 8 (281 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help