Fully Unlock edit player for Franchise Mode

by heavydutyrammer

Original Post

Re: Fully Unlock edit player for Franchise Mode

★★★ Pro
@EA_Blueberry How much XP until things are changed? It’s been known that the removal of the ability to edit players is stupid.. and we have asked for it back for two years now..
Message 21 of 47 (1,277 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry specifics I want back/in addition;
- full control over editing players (equipment, name, nationality, attributes, potential, positions, player type, handedness, appearance, everything) at all times during franchise mode (in edit player screen, and when viewing mock drafts). I am fine with some of these being locked, so long as the player actually exists and has everything correctly inputted (i.e. no incorrect skin colours, ages, heights, weights, etc.), if this can't be done then everything needs to be open. Please just make it like it is in Madden and everything will be fine (at the very least, in terms of this)

What I don't want to see;
- what we have had previously where you can only edit positions and maybe player type
Message 22 of 47 (1,265 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@ EA_Blueberry 

Im done buying these poorly made NHL games. Madden has all the features we want with editing a player! But y’all can’t let us edit players whenever we want, you don’t give us the things we ask for! As of 1/4/22, EA SPORTS will lose me as a paying customer. 

You lost me as a customer because quite frankly, I’m tired of continually complaining about what I want (and 99% of the community) and then being completely disappointed. 

Hou gave us head coaches, but we can’t edit them, or our players to fit one another. Many times I’ve gotten 5 years into franchise mode and my coach retired. So time to rebuild, except I scouted with the expectation of still having  my coach! It’s always a struggle when you find a coach but he/she  fits either everyone but your centerpiece player and a few others or just the centerpiece and a few others but not the rest of the 15 or so players. 

Let us edit every aspect of the franchise mode that is possible. From the coaches and players, to expansion teams every few years, to division realignment to rule changes, to draft lottery weighting to everything that can possibly be done in real life! 

Your slogan is “EA sports it’s in the game!” Guess what? Its not in the game. I’m one person who spends $75-$100 a year on the new NHL game, the loss of my $100 won’t bankrupt the company, but a 1 million $100 bills will certainly put a huge dent in your bottom line. 

We aren’t asking for much, just asking for the ability to play the darn game by however each of us see fit.

Message 23 of 47 (1,186 Views)

★★★ Pro
@wsoulia Just a little bump for this thread..
Franchise Mode is still broken and probably will stay that way for the rest of the year.. not sure what the point is anymore since zero communication from EA.. well a little bit I guess.. they’ve said nothing except “ X isn’t getting fixed this year, maybe next year”
Message 24 of 47 (1,127 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@heavydutyrammer better than getting ignored entirely
Message 25 of 47 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Pro
@johum2886 Yup that is true.. still a pretty big joke..
Message 26 of 47 (1,108 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@heavydutyrammer 

Thanks I appreciate the reply. 
I have tried playing other sports games to see if they are comparable with the NHL style gameplay. Madden is the only game I found to be fun with a decent GM/Franchise mode. Only if @EA_Blueberry and the rest of the NHL EA Sports team would listen to us the consumers and stop worrying about the online gamers. Hopefully NHL 23 or whatever they decide to call it has most or all of the things we have been asking for 

Message 27 of 47 (1,092 Views)

★★★ Pro
@wsoulia Just bumping the thread… EA has only ignored each request for the edit player to be unlocked.. and never give us an answer why.. doesn’t make any sense.. it helps us fix their mistakes with player attributes etc ..
Message 28 of 47 (968 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is by far my favorite thread. I too do not understand why we the users do not have the ability to customize to our hearts desire--ESPECIALLY for offline modes! I personally do not care about any of the online stuff. I like to enjoy my game in my own (somewhat scripted) little hockey universe. 

I spend a great deal of time modifying rosters, and then I begin a franchise, only to discover that I forgot a few players. So then I have to scrap that franchise, go back to the roster editing, fix what I forgot to fix, and then start a new franchise again. It sucks! 

Message 29 of 47 (855 Views)

★★★ Pro
@RanBo7101 Yes that is a huge pain in the butt…. Just doesn’t make any sense that we aren’t able to edit everything like we should be able to..

Just a bump so that more people can see this thread… it’s an important thread for us offline players that are usually neglected..
Message 30 of 47 (824 Views)