Re: Customization Ideas

by SvenArne123

Original Post

Creation zone improvements

★★ Guide

I have a dream. Easier and quicker way to create a player:

1) Set player's name, size, face, equipment etc.

2) Set player type: playmaker, power forward etc.

3) Set player's overall, for example 82

4) The game should set player's skills automatically (of course still editable)

Player equipment:

- option to remove helmet

- some vintage helmet, now we have only Jofa

- vintage mask for goalies

Creating a team:

- vintage style arena and ice

- European style arena and ice

Message 2 of 42 (14,032 Views)

Customization Ideas

★ Guide

I posted this in the NHL 21 thread about a month ago but the game was practically dead by that point, figured putting it in 22 might have better luck of devs seeing it. This is nothing gameplay related at all, just simple cosmetic ideas I have. I think these would go a long way in helping players and teams look different and unique. Nothing goalie related as I dont play it.

Create Player/Edit Player - Offline/EASHL :

Helmet - Thin visor. Long hair can actually flow out the back and sides.

Gloves - Changing the palm colour of your gloves to match one of your teams' colours and it would look even better on teams that wear plain black gloves (Pastrnak has yellow ones, Giroux used to use orange ones but idk if he still does), no cuff rolls on the gloves (Kaprizov)

Jerseys - Rolled up sleeves, elbow pads showing.

Sticks - Shorter stick for slightly better puckhandling and release, normal length for normal stats, longer for slightly better pokechecking/defensive stick. Different curves and flexes. Able to change the colour of the stick to match my teams colours, or any generic colour. (Similar to how Bauer has different coloured options and Matthews used a custom coloured CCM stick) Add in team logo or a country's flag onto a part of the stick. Spray Paint the bottom of the stick white or black. Namebars that have your Be a Pro character's name.

Tape Jobs - Add in some different tape jobs on the handle and blade (Letang, Giroux, Stueztle, Pastrnak for the handle and Pastrnak, Klima, Gusev, Lindros, Sharp, Fiala, Orr, Panarin, Kaliyev for the blade just to name a few.) Able to have puck marks on the stick like Kane or Ovi.

Pants - White string hanging like Ovi or Stamkos.

Skates - Able to have the floppy white felt tongues, change colours of the skate. Bring back the blade radius options.

EASHL - Please just have all the gear unlocked from the start. If you keep the jerseys, pants, etc in the bags at least make it so that you have better odds to pull your favourite team's items.

Be A Pro :

- Let me change what I'm wearing in cutscenes for be a pro, even if it's just the WOC clothing.

- Choose my number when I get to whatever team drafts me/(re)signs me, even if the number I want isn't retired or taken. So if I want to switch from my old number I can.

Create a Team - Offline/EASHL :
Implementing your own logos and designs and have it for jerseys, logos, pants, socks, helmets. Make it offline only if you're worried about people putting in explicit material, or add a filter and report system.

Logos - Add in teams logos from every league in the game and make them customizable. Add in historic ones that can be found on the old jerseys. Also add more of the customizable ones and country's flags.

Jerseys - Add in the ability to fully customize the jerseys like change the striping on the front, and sides, the shoulders, and the neckline. Instead of copying a jersey completely. Lettering on the front like wordmarks, etc. Also more fonts.

Socks - Matching socks. If you're going to add in jerseys, add in socks that match.

Gloves - Have an option for a set glove (everyone is wearing the same one like in the CHL) in your EASHL club, even if they don't have it unlocked yet.

Helmets - Designs on helmets similar to what some NCAA teams do. Have a few different striping patterns and put it down the middle of the helmet. Add in metallic colours for helmets, like the Vegas helmets and the LA Kings Stadium Series ones.

Mascot - Add back turning off the mascot.

Arena - Add in more arenas, and medium sized arenas in Create a Team.

Crowd - Customize how your crowd looks, a whiteout like Winnipeg, C of Red, or maybe you want a crowd that chants, waves flags, has huge banners etc. like an authentic European one. (Have the fans be realistic too when chanting and booing, and have the crowd actually react when I score in a game, instead of only celebrating if its in the final minute.)

Bonus :

Historic Arenas - Add in historic arenas such as the Montreal Forum, Maple Leaf Gardens, Boston Garden, Joe Louis Arena, LA Forum, Rexall Place, etc.

Add in European and CHL (OHL, WHL, QMJHL) arenas, or at least have some preset ones so they look different.

Message 1 of 42 (13,932 Views)

Re: Creation zone improvements

★★★★★ Newbie

Great idea. The option to remove helmet and vintage masks could be patched into NHL 22, as the assets are already there, and there's already an option to remove helmet in World of CHEL. It would just be a matter of implementing a button, probably a day or two of work. The other ideas are fantastic for future installments, players love having creative control, and it adds to the replayability of the game. I'm not even a Basketball fan, but I keep going back to the 2K NBA series because of the tools and freedom they give you in their creation zone, including tools for having retro uniforms/equipment/arenas.

Message 3 of 42 (14,007 Views)

★★★ Guide

Great idea with the automated attributes. Never thought of that. Would speed up roster creation a lot.

No helmet option, vintage masks, vintage arenas, european arenas - all this would be amazing too

For vintage helmets I would love to see the classic CCM helmet come back. It's gotta be the most used helmet in NHL history as it was used from the 70's up until 2014. Most alumni players in game wore that helmet but now have to have inaccurate helmets in the game because that helmet isn't there. The Messier helmet would be nice too.

Would love to see old school skates and gloves too.

Message 4 of 42 (13,980 Views)

★★★ Guide

Excellent ideas. 

A whiteout is actually possible today by making all the team colors white. Same with sea of red I guess.

Historic arena models would be amazing. If not possible to add authentic Boston Garden and others, then at least a generic vintage arena with the classic scoreboard etc.

Message 5 of 42 (13,894 Views)

★★★ Guide

Also I would like to see the option to create national teams in the create a team mode. Instead of having to choose city name + team name, make it possible to simply name the team "Team Sweden" or whatever. Basically my idea is when you go into create a new team the game asks you if you want to create an NHL team, a minor league team, a european league team, or a national team and depending on which option you choose you get appropriate options in terms of arena models and such, and like I said the team name format. For international and euro teams you get international size rinks, and for minor league you get minor league arenas etc..

Message 6 of 42 (13,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Love all of those suggestions….

How about a DNA swap as in NBA 2k…and allow us the ability edit names..!

Message 7 of 42 (13,927 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@olavi4 Agree with everything. Being able to create helmetless players would be a dream come true
Message 8 of 42 (13,881 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thats a good idea with the generic historical arenas too 

Message 9 of 42 (13,843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think we need merge with this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Suggestions/Offline-Creators-Wishlist/m-p/10852901#M93 and and together present all the proposed changes in Creation Zone

Message 10 of 42 (13,862 Views)