Re: Add Tutorial for Controls

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Add Tutorial for Controls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Coming from older NHL games (notably NHL 20) I remember it having a great tutorial mode for teaching new players all the controls and some of the basic dekes you could do. It really helped me get up to speed with the controls and dive deep into Be a Pro and Franchise. However I noticed NHL 22 does not have this. I think this would be great to add this feature back in for NHL 22. A lot of my friends picked this game up for the first ever time and are struggling to understand the controls and mechanics. 

Especially this year with a new NHL franchise (Seattle Kraken) and new TV deals with ESPN/TNT there will be new fans to the NHL. And many will get this game because of it. That tutorial would be a great way to lower the learning curve for controls and help people better understand how the game is played. 

Message 1 of 6 (796 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there, @tylerzisk.

I can definitely understand wanting a tutorial. We've had some other requests for this as well. For now, you can find all the controls in the Controller Settings screen. You also may be able to find some tutorials on YouTube.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (744 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @tylerzisk.

I can definitely understand wanting a tutorial. We've had some other requests for this as well. For now, you can find all the controls in the Controller Settings screen. You also may be able to find some tutorials on YouTube.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Could we expect a full Tutorial (like in NHL 21) at some point in the near future? It's really annoying to have to go back to the 21 version in order to relearn all that fancy deke moves.

Message 3 of 6 (687 Views)

Community Manager

@Alex_Ultras_73 

I don't know if this is going to be added or not, but all those moves are described in the controller settings.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agree. I am new to hockey and enjoyed learning the game by watching the video tutorials. I wish they would add videos on defense and offensive strategies/positioning. 

Message 5 of 6 (545 Views)

Community Manager

@andrewwashywash 

Welcome to the world of Hockey! I'd love to see some tutorials added. Hopefully, that happens someday. For now, you should be able to find many of them on YouTube. Dekes, faceoffs and strategies should be pretty well explained.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (537 Views)