Re: wtf paying for cars now!?!?!

by JT1031224

Original Post

Accepted Solution

wtf paying for cars now!?!?!

★★★ Novice
I'm a little frustrated they are now having you pay for cars especially since I purchased the digital deluxe edition that came with all the cool features or added features for the downloadable content and now they're going to make me pay more money to add more cars ... it should be already be free. Do you know how much money they make off of these video games.
Message 1 of 24 (735 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Dear @JBLanni you purchased the deluxe thinking it was like a season pass, as I did. It's our fault.
In the future I will not make the same mistake, I simply skip the next NFS at all: problem solved.

View in thread

Message 11 of 24 (1,020 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

You're preaching to the choir.

Message 2 of 24 (728 Views)

★★★ Guide

"Do you know how much money they make off of these video games."

No, I don't. Do you? How much?

When your boss asks you to pull an overtime shift do you say "Sure! I'll even do it for free since I already made money!"

I'm guessing probably not.

They made extra stuff. Buy it or don't.

Message 3 of 24 (717 Views)

★★ Expert

@JBLanni

Well, guess what nothing is free or given to anyone in this world.

This includes video games we purchases, regardless the package version you paid for. 

E.A.Games has a habit of doing this in other games as well, asking players to pay up some more.

So really the game has become pay to win in theory!

So you're only options are to just keep playing with what you have or spend the money to upgrade to better things you desire to own.

True it's not fair, but neither is it fair when people who worked a job for 30 years & show up on a Monday only to find out they all lost their job.

History of corporations have closed many doors on good workers, I use this as an example to confirm life is not fair for anyone.

So we just do the best we can with the cards in life we are given!

Regards

BLVD69

Message 4 of 24 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

We got speed cross dlc, 2 cars  with it, and a castrol event update for free. None of that was listed in the deluxe edition. When the game was advertised for preorder everything extra over the base version was clearly listed. Every one went into the deluxe version knowing the price increase and all. At that point there wasn’t any mention of extra stuff to come. It wasn’t like at that time we bought the deluxe version we knew the future dlc content list or if there was any coming.  So to say we should not have to pay for any new content coming out isn’t sensible. If this extra stuff was marked as part of the deluxe edition then we never got it then yes it would make sense to me but non of this extra content was listed in the deluxe version. So how is having bought the deluxe version  a reason to get everything that takes extra time money and man power to make for free ? Having the deluxe version as I do  shouldn’t be a ticket to get every new dlc for free. My 2 cents. Standard smile

Message 5 of 24 (698 Views)

★★ Expert

@master2g

Great post, I agree just because we buy the deluxe version doesn't mean we get more free candy.

It's nice to have someone else with the common sense of how life really works...Amen! 

I gave you XP  points for this reply.

God bless you & take care Large smile

Regards

BLVD69

Message 6 of 24 (691 Views)

★ Apprentice
@master2g
At the time Need For Speed Payback came out, it was unfinished. No steering wheel support, bugs, and more! And by the way, the only way to know if a DLC is coming out is to look at the official NFS website.
https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback

Anyways, cheers to you all!
Message 7 of 24 (670 Views)

★★★ Guide

There's still a car they haven't released.. so...

Message 8 of 24 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@master2g  The only thing I would point out with your argument is that the deluxe version DID advertise that it would include an upcoming story mission DLC (which was Speedcross). That's really the biggest reason why everyone is confused and somehow got the idea that it would include ALL DLC. The reality is it simply said "An upcoming mission," not "all upcoming missions." And it certainly never said that it was a season pass.

Message 9 of 24 (642 Views)

★★ Expert

@mrtun3r 

Oh please, Mr. Wisdom..tell us what missing car that would be? 

LOL

Regards

BLVD69

Message 10 of 24 (634 Views)