Re: wind chimes indoors.

by unseenlarks

Original Post

wind chimes indoors.

★★ Expert

i recently added the wind chimes from the Backyard SP to a Sim's bedroom. i'd never placed them indoors, and i love them there. but it made me wonder, how can they sway at all? we can't open windows or leave doors ajar. the only way would be if the Sim moved them themselves, right? what do you think?

Message 1 of 15 (803 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thermo dynamics keeps air moving even in closed rooms.

Simply put. You have some kind of heat source (the Sun, Humans) that heats the air, Warm air rises toward the ceiling pressing the cooler air down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (790 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@unseenlarks, I always forget to add windchimes in my Sims' houses, so thanks for telling us that they work indoors! Cool   Like @jpkarlsen said, temperature change (heat) makes air move.  This is what makes wind outside.  (My mom has indoor windchimes in real life, but it is usually her fan that makes them chime Large smile).  I used to work in a candle shop where we had a little candle stand that you would light 4 small candles and the heat from these lit candles would turn a windmill set above the candles.  This would make 2 angles spin and as they went around they would hit 2 bells and they would chime!  Party hat 

Of course, if your Sims' house has any Ghosts in it, then for get what me & jpkarlsen just said ... it is clearly the Ghosts that are making the wind chimes move! WinkLarge smile LOL

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 15 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

well, i feel quite stupid now. twice over. :'( :'(

Message 4 of 15 (762 Views)

Champion

@unseenlarks, aww, don't feel stupid!Frown  It was a good question, and I'm glad you asked it since it reminded me to put some windchimes in my Sims' homes!  Angel  It does seem strange since a house with closed windows and doors and no AC or heating on seems like a still environment to us.  So I can see why a person would ask this question.  And maybe EA wasn't thinking of thermodynamics and having them work inside was just a mistake!  OopsLarge smileWink  The only truly stupid question is the one that isn't asked! Standard smile

Message 5 of 15 (743 Views)

★★ Expert

you're right. and... maybe... school was so long ago that i forgot all about thermodynamics. Frown

Message 6 of 15 (728 Views)

Champion

@unseenlarks, I understand ... school was a long time ago for me too, but I'm a geek so I remember stuff like this! EmbarrassedNerdLarge smile  You are probably a lot more normal than I am! Standard smile

Message 7 of 15 (712 Views)

★★ Expert

it's useful to know stuff like that. i was just into literature. -_-

Message 8 of 15 (698 Views)

Champion

@unseenlarks, I love literature also! Heart I've always been an avid reader!  I just also love science (but I hate math Sick , otherwise I would have been a meteorologist! Embarrassed ) But I'm always reading several books at a time, usually at least a novel and a non-fiction book, but often more.  Right now one of the books  I'm reading "The Jungle". I've always been meaning to read that.  Standard smile  

I also love Sims who are bookworms and nerds! Heart

Message 9 of 15 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

oh! me too! i always have a bookworm Sim in my game, it's actually the first Sim i created in TS4 who is still around. Standard smile and often a geek Sim. <3

(Upton Sinclair? his writing sounds super interesting...)

Message 10 of 15 (679 Views)