Re: will the unicorn chomper ever be a dlc?

by TallerGoblin

Original Post

★★ Guide

I feel like if you put the time into GW1 you deserve the uni chomper.  its not worth it to me so im not even going to try lol.  not because i think its a bad prize, but i just dont wanna do all that grinding, leveling in GW1 is terrible even with skip stars.

Message 11 of 21 (716 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@KnowsNoLimit wrote:

If you have been following the dev streams like I have being you will know Popcap have been contemplating in bringing the Unicorn Chomper over to the Hero's showcase as well, so you may be able to play with him for a week or so which is a fair compromise indeed.

That would actually be a neat idea, have a special variant or two for each class that is only available via the showcase and cycle between them every reset. Would give the showcase an actual use other than for basic classes that many/most players already have unlocked.

Message 12 of 21 (711 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Importing your level/characters from GW1 is only available for a year (till February 2017). I Imagine they will make the unicorn available another way after this period, it just makes sense to me that way. Might take a few years but it would be really dumb of them to lock a character for players that start playing GW2 after Feb 2017.

Message 13 of 21 (698 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@vbloomy wrote:

Importing your level/characters from GW1 is only available for a year (till February 2017). I Imagine they will make the unicorn available another way after this period, it just makes sense to me that way. Might take a few years but it would be really dumb of them to lock a character for players that start playing GW2 after Feb 2017.

games make content unavailable after a certain time, all the time. do you think they will make the spring exclusive items available to everyone after april 14th just because someone didn't start playing until after april 14th? (only this part applies to the quoted text above)

so tired of these threads and entitled mentality, just because an item is in the game you think you should have it. there are requirements for items, every single item. whether it is to spend coins, play during a certain period, play a certain mode, accomplish a certain feat. if you do not want to fulfill the requirements or miss them, then tough cookies!

I will never have a unicorn chomper because I will not fulfill the requirement of a ridiculous and unfun (for me) grind of a billion challenges. that is on me, not on popcap to provide me an alternative or to give it to me for nothing.

on a similar, somewhat unrelated note, that is a part of why this country (USA) is going to *, so many people just feel like they are entitled to have everything everyone else has even if they are too lazy to get off their arse and put in the same amount of work or effort. /rant off

Message 14 of 21 (693 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes but April next year that item will probably be available. Kinda like Christmas items. I just think it's dumb to stop people from collecting every item in the game they love just because they weren't fortune enough to hear about it in time. Also I read somewhere that the Unicorn counts towards your max rank so those people would never be able to reach the max rank in the game no matter how long they play because they are missing that character. If it was customization item it wouldn't matter so much imo, but we're talking about a character here :/

Message 15 of 21 (687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@vbloomy wrote:

Yes but April next year that item will probably be available. Kinda like Christmas items. I just think it's dumb to stop people from collecting every item in the game they love just because they weren't fortune enough to hear about it in time. Also I read somewhere that the Unicorn counts towards your max rank so those people would never be able to reach the max rank in the game no matter how long they play because they are missing that character. If it was customization item it wouldn't matter so much imo, but we're talking about a character here :/

Sorry, but the Unicorn Chomper was not released so anyone could max their rank in GW2.  Some people who have the Unicorn Chomper now will never max their rank in GW2.  If a player didn't max their rank in GW1, they cannot use their inability to do so without the Chomper as an excuse.

Message 16 of 21 (675 Views)

★ Guide

Seriously, there's nearly a year left to try and get it.  What's the hullabaloo about?  it's doable if you want it.

Message 17 of 21 (667 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree that it should be added in as a character in the next dlc as a character you could get through sticker packs or be a exclusive sticker pack that you buy like the z7 imp. Now I do not believe that it should be like the plasma pea where it gives you the whole peashooter in one pack (if it is something we get from the normal packs 15 and 35). Maybe it should be the first legendary that you need 5 prices for so people would need to grind infinity time, but yeah. I can't link my accounts between ps4 and Xbox so sadly I can't get it and I know I'm not the only one in the world who wants it. Like my characterstatus I don't care that I'm missing, but the fact that I can't get that unicorn chomped ever unless this happens is sad so I hope that this works and we will be able to get it in other ways then just the loyalty rewards.

Message 18 of 21 (602 Views)

★ Guide

If you want it go an earn it in GW1. It's a player LOYALTY reward not for people who whine because they too lazy to unlock it.

Message 19 of 21 (590 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Showcase
Message 20 of 21 (523 Views)