will Sims 4 have a Makin' Magic Expansion and all the other fun mishaps?!

by danielsonh78

Original Post

will Sims 4 have a Makin' Magic Expansion and all the other fun mishaps?!

★★ Novice

I really miss The Sims Orginal Expansion Makin' magic! I swear it was my absolute favorite of all the expansions! I only recently got sims 4 because of the sale and some of the packs and the parenting expansions but I don't see very many cooky expansions that really capture my attention they mostly seem like takes on real life. I like fantasy and making unexpected things happen I loved the potions and spells we could learn the dragon eggs we could get and I don't remember all the details of it but it was challenging. and I loved that about it. I hope I am not alone in missing this expansion and missing the original fun from the first sims.

Message 1 of 13 (1,088 Views)

Re: will Sims 4 have a Makin' Magic Expansion and all the other fun mishaps?!

Champion

@danielsonh78, ah Makin' Magic!  One of my all-time favorites! Party hat I loved the gameplay, the atmosphere, the music! Heart  Good times! BeerCake

While no one knows for sure about a magical pack, there is an upcoming GP or EP that EA has finished doing the Simlish voices for, which is one of the last parts of making a pack since the voicing has to be done around all the animations! Raised eyebrow  In my opinion, the Simlish and reactions of the voice actor seem to indicative of a Magic/Witch/Wizard pack, Wizard but I could be wrong.  Embarrassed  The Simlish word "Stran-gee" is first shouted in fear, and later it is said as if the Sim would be contemplating something.  Magic works for both of those! Wink

Here is the video :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB8SIo4EPZQ

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 13 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I would be so HAPPY if it was! I bet dragons would look so coo in sim 4l!

Message 3 of 13 (1,067 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If there's one thing I enjoy with the Sims games, it's the fact that you can "play with life" in so many different ways; that's part of the reason I got into The Sims, since you can adjust the reality of the game through the various packs and mods that are available. The community has been quite creative when it comes to material that is available to further customize your Sims' looks and behaviors, that the whole concept of "playing with life" has really taken on a new meaning beyond its initial inception.

Any sort of magic or fantasy-esque adaptation, along with University/Education features would really intrigue me, and I'd be on top of that in a heartbeat. Heck, I even went as far as to build a Wizard's Tower and Magic Academy in preparation for both circumstances.

- B

Message 4 of 13 (1,056 Views)

Champion

@danielsonh78, I remember the excitement of getting a dragon egg in TS1!  (I also really loved the little funhouse rollercoasters that you could ride and build! Party hat )

@burin077  , yes, I would love both of those packs so much.  The TS2 version of University is my favorite! Heart  But the combination of a magic pack and a university pack is necessary to make a proper Hogwarts! WinkWizardNerd

If either of you saw the video I included above, did you think it seemed like more like a witch/wizard pack or a university pack, or something else? Wondering  I was expecting University, but while watching it, I think it is a witch/wizard pack. Raised eyebrow  But we only saw a little bit, so who knows?  What are y 'all's thoughts on this?

Message 5 of 13 (1,049 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It's very possible it could be a little bit of both; the concept of "learning" magic seems to be a popular theme when it comes to magical fantasy.

Hybridizing the two would also be quite an appealing concept for the Sims; it'd sort of refer back to the days of Sims 2 when they'd combine two concepts. They did that before with Night Life, where they provided downtown/nightclub tools and objects, as well as the concept of Vampirism.

I can dream, of course; I think having a "magic" and "university/college" combination in a full-blown expansion that is done well would really start turning Sims 4 around; Get Famous already has some good concepts, and continuing on that momentum, paired with a post-processing of previous performance issues from the older expansions and base game could lead to a resurgence.

- B

Message 6 of 13 (1,043 Views)

Champion

@burin077, true; while EA has seemed to prioritize focus on most of the EPs and GPs, it is still possible that they could do more of a combo pack in the future, especially since there are just about 2 1/2 or so years left in the Sims 4, and there are yet so many ideas to do (whether those ideas are from older versions of the Sims or those ideas that have never been implemented before!) Wink  Either way, I'm excited to see what comes next! :eahigh_file:

Message 7 of 13 (1,035 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hmm, when I hear the game only has a few years left in it like that, it actually concerns me; if the game's "lifespan" as it were runs out, and there is a faltering interest or expectation in the Sims franchise, would this not be a cause for concern of the franchise potentially coming to an end?

I don't mean to sound like a doomsayer here or anything, but from the negative publicity I've seen being directed at EA/Maxis with how Sims 4 has been approached, I would be concerned on attempting to push forward with the next game, if one is indeed planned to attempt to effectively "reinvent the wheel" again with a new environment, but having to start all over again with content and character progression all over again.

- B

Message 8 of 13 (1,023 Views)

★★ Novice

Im thinking magic pack!

Message 9 of 13 (1,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@burin077, that is a possibility, but then again, EA should be aware of how passionate the Simming community is, and I think it would be a huge mistake to scrap it altogether! OopsDevilTeeth bared  I think they should learn from mistakes, listen to the community (especially long-time players), remember what worked and what didn't, and combine the best elements from all 4 versions of the game, because truthfully, they all had great aspects about them! Party hatHeart  I realize they want to add new, young players to the Sims community, but you shouldn't overlook your bread-and-butter either.  Some of us have been playing since TS1 first was launched.  That is just shy of 2 decades! Raised eyebrow:eahigh_file:  They will have to find balance of young and old players.  

That said, I have hope. Angel And interestingly, this comes from players who only started playing TS4 on the console versions! Cool There are a lot of people who only started playing on their X-box or PS4.  I have a young relative who plays this way!  (I was so thrilled when she wanted my advice, and she was thrilled to show off what she had learned to all her friends! Party hat)  But the fact that so many people have started playing this game on their consoles proves to me that EA can still have a successful future with the Sims.  They just have to listen to players, lean from mistakes, and find a way to combine all the wonderful things from all the versions! Heart

@danielsonh78, thanks for answering my question! Heart  I am wanting to say that "great minds think alike" because I think it is a magic pack too.   Speculation is fun, as long as we take it with a grain of salt :eahigh_file:Wink.  I would love a magic pack, but I won't be mad if this pack turns out to be something totally different!  Party hat

Message 10 of 13 (991 Views)