Re: why is GDI so weak?

by xrmiao4

Original Post

why is GDI so weak?

★ Guide

NoD got all the cheap counter plays and GDI just feels bad in so many games... there is no usefull infantery counter. and every counter u have is weak and can also easily countered because the nod unit is stronger... it just makes no sense

Message 1 of 10 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Because all hail Kane

I guess your level is not high enough. As your level goes up, gdi gets a lot of good things better than nod's counterpart.

Message 2 of 10 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
GDI pitbull beats nod bikes. GDI predator beats nod scorpion. GDI has more varied infantry. GDI has useable tech units. Currently the only thing you could say NOD has better than GDI is the inferno but that is simply because the orca bomber is still on the way.

So my guess is this is a knee * reaction.
Message 3 of 10 (733 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@thealcani wrote:

NoD got all the cheap counter plays and GDI just feels bad in so many games... there is no usefull infantery counter. and every counter u have is weak and can also easily countered because the nod unit is stronger... it just makes no sense

I agree that I like NOD more, because I like to attack the base and flame Troopers/flame tanks are awesome for that, but I disagree that they are weak. And why do you feel there’s no infantry counter? War Dogs and Shockwave troops are both good against infantry. 

Message 4 of 10 (729 Views)

★★★ Guide

Banshee... in my opinion it's the one reason NOD edges out GDI so much.  It takes down the heaviest vehicles, can easily sack a harvey mid-match, takes down other air,  gets those MLRS/Gigas. 

Talon can't match the Banshee 1v1 - you rarely need more anti-infantry and are really only good for MG's right now.  Orca is slow, and is a target.  Mohawk is better - but still limited.

Jade's missiles is also a nice trick if you can use it right - GDI doesn't have the like other then a very expensive Ion blast.

Kind of goes without saying JJT's are pretty damn good tho - not so much for the rush - that's long been played out - but as the best Infantry response to vehicles - they'll manhandle tanks, bikes/pitbulls, titans/rockworms, etc etc.  MGs and, I guess, Snipers are the only 2 space infantry in the game and GDI has both.

Giga mostly out does MLRS in most circumstances - but that MLRS can shoot from behind objects and that ain't no joke.

Message 5 of 10 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i agree GDI more weaker than NOD, if the player have skill with very fast in game reaction, the cheaper NOD units can win easily against expensive GDI units...

Message 6 of 10 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
gdi tends to be slower, but their units are more synergistic. NOD is more specialty roles and independent. If you play GDI like you do with NOD, you will struggle. But NOD can't run pitbulls under venoms who are trying to snipe out your squishy infantry units.

Both factions are unique. I think people just mistake NOD's "fun" to play as "better" to play.
Message 7 of 10 (647 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BattaIia wrote:
gdi tends to be slower, but their units are more synergistic. NOD is more specialty roles and independent. If you play GDI like you do with NOD, you will struggle. But NOD can't run pitbulls under venoms who are trying to snipe out your squishy infantry units.

Both factions are unique. I think people just mistake NOD's "fun" to play as "better" to play.

I like how you put that. NOD is the fun side where as GDI is all business. Lol

Message 8 of 10 (621 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't know. I play better gdi than nod.

Message 9 of 10 (617 Views)

★ Guide
I'm top tier with GDI so the NOD bias is baseless
Message 10 of 10 (541 Views)