what are the best race cars in need for speed payback?

by AlphaGamer32168

Original Post

Re: what are the best race cars in need for speed payback?

★★ Expert

@Berkowar

Hey nice game operation you have created for yourself! 

I'm glad you understand how corners on roads can't be taken to fast as some drivers slide off and then lose track time in the event. 

Same here For me gotta build carefully or the event goes to the gutter...lol 😁

Message 31 of 42 (12,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Made an account just to let everybody know the VW beetle at 399 may be the games best kept secret. I’ve managed to get it up to a 235 top speed, 1.5s 0-60, and an 8.0s 1/4 mile. Drives fast and handles well; it’s a really fun car to drive. 

Message 32 of 42 (12,390 Views)

★★ Expert

@cogs24 

Hey thanks for the sharing the details.

Have a great day.

Gave you some XP.😁👍

Message 33 of 42 (12,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can not have a top speed of 377 in NEED FOR SPEED PAYBACK nor any NEED FOR SPEED game

Message 34 of 42 (12,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Race: Koenigsegg Regera or Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 (Depending on track terrain, your handling skills and preference).

Drift: Lamborghini Huracan (Most used and produce top high scores) or Mazda RX-7 (Long time real life and Need For Speed Drift Legend).

Drag: Volkswagen Beetle (With wheelie bars for better handling or without it to do wheelie side-bets and fastest 1/4 mile clocked so far) or Beck Kustoms F132.

Message 35 of 42 (12,001 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yes i also agree that the bugatti is amazing

Message 36 of 42 (11,783 Views)

★★ Expert

@NEED4SPEED077 

I would like to inform your self and the Payback community that the Bugatti is a fast car.

However the Bugatti Veyron is also too loose in the rear end and dose not hug the corners well in race events.

It seems to me EA really dumbed down the car. 

The Bugatti Veyron in the game is nothing even close to it's real life counterpart!

The game version is very unpredictable and very unbalanced in steering capability and the suspension is very uncanny in performance. 

Overall the worst part of this horrible game version Bugatti Veyron is the engine and exust sounds.

The car sounds is so generic like a broken muffler in a tuna can.

Ghost Studios really did a disservice to the Bugatti Veyron manufacturer. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Bugatti at some point stops EA from allowing the car in any more NFS titles once the contract expires. 

Just like Toyota car manufacturer did by pulling out of all car racing game some years back. 

Well I'm happy for those of you who enjoy your Bugatti Veyron in the game.

I just wanted to make sure the community knows how EA and Ghost Studios ruined the image of this sports car. 

Have a great and peaceful day. 👍😁

Message 37 of 42 (11,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Call my crazy but my Buick RIPS!! 1,100 horsepower top speed of 232 but I handled soooooo well. Handbrake for long hairpins and just a touch of brake for everything else. This car will slide all the way around corners and be going 170 as soon as you straighten out. 0-60 1.80 quarter mile in 8.33

Message 38 of 42 (11,021 Views)

★ Guide

Well I don't know what you've done to your Buick but, the one I have is terrible LOL...even sounds funky. Now if we want to talk about my Boss 302 Mustang with NOS, ACCELL, SPEED cards on all parts, we have something to talk about ROFL. Yeah, that ridiculously OP Regerra is 'faster' but, we all know a Swiss car, Swiss dev's and some 'home town' pride is the only reason the Regerra is 30mph faster than anything in the game Wink

Message 39 of 42 (10,993 Views)

★★★ Guide

What are the best race cars in need for speed payback?

Realistically? The Cop Cars, i can be going nearly 200MPH and they keep up, i try to boost into them to ram them, they keep up speed, i cause one to crash, it zooms back right to me in 4 seconds flat, meaning, it was going over 400MPH.....around 4 zig-zap turns.

I want that car.

Message 40 of 42 (10,297 Views)