what are the best race cars in need for speed payback?

by AlphaGamer32168

Original Post

what are the best race cars in need for speed payback?

★★★ Novice

I just wanted to know what the best race cars are in need for speed payback because I feel like my Nissan GTR premium is not performing as well as the other cars so I wanted a good race car that will get me to earn more points in the speedlists.

Thanks, answers would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 42 (411,645 Views)

Re: what are the best race cars in need for speed payback?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi,

im not playing 399 but friend told me that gtr handling is not rly good right?
I think, you can play what ever you like. I personally dont like to play what is everyone playing just because it is good car. I hate it. Im playing what i like and i dont rly care about if any car is better. If you can play it without any mistakes and give it time to understand the car, because every car is kinda different. Atleast what i tried. One car can do corners without handbreak, another needs to use easy handbreak or normal break and few cars needs to use hard handbreak and also needs to try is properly with every kinda a corner.. im literally playing whole game with silvia for race. I tried more and many cars and they are better with handling then silvia but i managed to figure it out, how and when what needs to be used and im doing pretty well with it. Winning lots of speedlist even beating 399 sometimes but its because they can not drive not because car is better.
Message 2 of 42 (411,469 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, I will try to get used to the GTR and see what its pro points and con points are so I can use those points to an advantage in the speedlists. Also, thanks for replying!Standard smile

Message 3 of 42 (411,443 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For the most speed: Regera! I'm not a Regera user and a lot of people don't really take kindly to Regera users because it is an OP car but it has the highest top speed. I do think it has horrible handling and for me, when i was testing it, it's so low that it clips up on the curbs a lot. I've used a BMW M4, Nissan 240Z, and Mazda RX-7 at 399 and i think the RX7 is the best overall out of all of them. No experience with other cars. Really depends on the tunings tho, i always use the same tuning set-up for every car which you can see in a screenshot in a reply from me to some post about the M3 e46 (can probably be found on my profile). I tend to finish in the top 3 and mostly 1st in my RX7 though and i'm not a perfect racer, just normal.

Message 4 of 42 (411,386 Views)

★★★ Novice
Based on my gaming experience since day 1. These are just my opinions, please respond if you found better cars to use per class and tell us why and how you do it. Thank you.

Race: Koenigsegg Regera or Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 (Depending on track terrain, your handling skills and preference).

Drift: Lamborghini Huracan (Most used and produce top high scores) or Mazda RX-7 (Long time real life and Need For Speed Drift Legend).

Drag: Volkswagen Beetle (With wheelie bars for better handling or without it to do wheelie side-bets and fastest 1/4 mile clocked so far) or Beck Kustoms F132.

Offroad: Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8, Chevrolet Bel-Air, Porsche Panamera Turbo or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX (Depending on RWD or AWD preference and Live Tune).

Runner: BMW M5 (House and Police pursuer wrecking machine), Ford Mustang GT (Sport car type), BMW M4 GTS (Drifty), Porsche Panamera Turbo (Sedan car type) or Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX (Import sedan car type) (Depending on preferred car type (Sport or sedan cars), Live Tune settings (Strong or lightweight chassis reinforcement) and drifty or stable run).

Performance installed: I preferred 3x Chidori and 3x Outlaw with Acceleration, speed, brakes and nitrous perks on all my car classes. I personally disregard the jump perk unless I need an offroad car to tackle jumps, destroy billboards, collect derelict parts or get chips.

Message 5 of 42 (410,713 Views)

@AlphaGamer32168  I would say that the best car is the one that you can actually handle. Most people love their supersports and most seem to be unaware that a supersport can support just a minimum tuning (we are already talking about a car that barely sticks to the road, what more can you add to it?!). But that's their choice. Personally i would go with street cars with high tuning potential, good/great accceleration and a decent grip/handling. 

@Laurel_Paras did a really nice list there, so can help to make up your mind, but you will have to fiddle with the cards until you get the right configuration for the chosen car. Trial and error....

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 42 (410,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I don't know if my favorite one is THE best, but it seems to be the best for my style

Mustang 65 : 3xOutlaw + 3xChidori

5xSpeed : Power 1147 / Top speed : 380km/h (around 237 mph)

5xAcceleration : 0>100 km/h : 1.87 sec. / 1/4 mile : 8.27 sec.

4xNitro : 8.8 / 8.8

4xBrake : 8.6 / 8.8

I want to go to 5xNitro & 3xBrake

I set aerodynamics to the lowest (didn't change other settings)

Any comments are most welcome

Message 7 of 42 (410,664 Views)

★★★ Novice

These suggestions really helped me. In my opinion, I think that the BMW X6 M is a very nice offroad vehicle. It does not drift as much as the panamera turbo. (I have a problem with how much the offroad cars drift on dirt.)

Message 8 of 42 (408,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie
X6 sucks. No control. The evo is a legend offroad. Fast and good handling in corners especially drift offroad.
Message 9 of 42 (408,609 Views)

★ Novice

what do you think is the best handling RACE car is they handle so badly it sucks , i just need to steer the dam thing , thanks Mike [edit: email address removed] 

Message 10 of 42 (406,952 Views)